*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220078-Not-Just--Another-Love-Story
Rated: · Other · Teen · #1220078
Are there any rules explaining how a love story should be written?
"...Margaret, you're so beautiful! " Ah. What the heck. I don't buy into that romantic crap. Do you know how hard it is to have to write a love story when love has been so cruel to you? When cupid's arrow misses your heart and sticks you in the eye? Yep. That's what I call True Love. Love is like one of those really expensive china dolls that always end up breaking. In High School, love is a huge auction. All the bids are on the prettiest of girls and whoever bids the highest, wa-la! Is the lucky winner! And the rest of us... end up on e-bay. Okay, maybe e-bay has nothing to do with this, but it is so true. Okay now, back to that love story.

"...And they kissed in the rain in a room lit up with candles." Okay, now I know I am REALLY bad at this. First of all, how would it be raining inside? Second, wouldn't the rain shut out the candles? Third of all, wouldn't the rain ruin everything? What if it started to thunder and they get struck by lightning? That would really suck. But hey, at least they get to die together. Are there any rules saying how a romantic story should be written? Do they always HAVE to kiss? Do they HAVE to do it in the rain or in a candle lit room? What if the room catches on fire? Does he HAVE to tell her she's beautiful? Why can't they sit on the steps and listen to "The Black Parade" or stare at eachother like they're going to kiss, but instead wait until one of them blinks and then start laughing. Why can't they argue? Why can't they play with eachothers' hair? And yeah he's allowed to call her beautiful but not too much. He doesn't have to tell her I love you if he doesn't really mean it. Why can't kisses come at random moments? - Wait a minute! They CAN! Yeah, maybe this isn't your typical love story but it sure is MINE!
© Copyright 2007 jocelyn (jocelyn_ruiz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1220078-Not-Just--Another-Love-Story