*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214348-Short-Story-Bizarre-Dream
Rated: · Fiction · Drama · #1214348
A dream I had... hopefully he doesn't read this.
I asked Ms. Barraza to sign my pass to go to the library. The classroom was empty, or so I thought. After Ms. Barraza signed it, Caesar came up behind me and asked if he could go too. I gave him a look but said ok and wrote his name down. Then I started walking out the door and he follows me. I was surprised. No, that's an understatement. He never walked me to lunch. He supplied most of the conversation, asking me what bands I liked and what my family was like, and telling me about his own. When we got to the cafeteria, we got in line and got our food.
For once in my three years of knowing Alyssa and Vanessa, I didn't sit with them. I was walking toward the table that they were sitting at, when Caesar grabbed my arm and said, "Let's sit over here."
He gestured toward an empty table at the back.
"We'll be more comfortable." He smiled at me and I just said ok. I took a last look at Vanessa and Alyssa (who were looking at me with shocked expressions) and mouthed "Sorry" with an apologetic look on my face.
I turned back to Caesar and followed him toward the table he gestured to. I sat down across from him and ate silently, waiting for him to say something. The minutes passed and I was getting more and more anxious. I looked up at him occassionally anly to find him staring at me with a smile on his face.
"You have nice eyes," he said when I was done with my food. I smiled, said thanks, and blushed. I stood up to throw away my tray and he did the same.I noticed he hadn't eaten half of his food.
"Caesar, are you ok?" I asked. "You hardly touched your food."
"Yeah, I'm fine," he replied.
I dumped the tray into the trash can and walked toward the door to show the pass to the lady there.
After she approved our pass, Caesar and I started walking towards the library. Once we were out of sight, I saw Caesar hesitate and take my hand. I looked at him, surprised, and he smiled at me in encouragement. I wrapped my fingers around his hand, surprised at the contrast between our skin temperature: my hand was icy cold; his was warm. I smiled at how that felt on my skin, and he smiled back. So we walked like that to the library, hand in hand, smiles on our faces.
When we got to the entrance of the library,he stopped walking and let go of my hand. Instead, he put his arm around my shoulders. In response, I put my arm around his waist and pulled him forward.
© Copyright 2007 Valeria (loveanddeath13 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1214348-Short-Story-Bizarre-Dream