*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211166-Escape
by Sopa
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1211166
Incomplete. Story of a princess who get's kindaped. Twice. Some miss-spellings.
Kiley looked at her prison of a home and hoped she was doing the right thing. She had wanted to take her brother with her. Did she have the time to go and get him? I'll never forgive myself if I don't, a little voice in her head said. She quickly turned around and ran back to her country prison. "Jason!" She said loudly, running into the house. "Quick before--" Kiley stopped dead in her tracks and stared up at Mr. Everson. He was the reason she almost left her brother behind. He had been fast asleep when she left, but must have waken when she walked in. ‘Oh no...’ was the only thing Kiley could think.
"Going somewhere," He said adding, "Princess?" mockingly.
"Just out to make sure the animals had enough feed for the night." Kiley said coldly, thinking of the chore of taking care of the farm animals that she had been degraded to. She had only taken a small backpack with her so she hoped Mr. Everson would over look it.
"What did you need your brother for?" He said accusingly.
"One of the pigs got out." She said calmly and surely. "I needed him to help me keep the other pigs in while I chased the one that got out back in."
"What’s the bag for?" He asked. Kiley hoped she didn’t flinch as she turned angrily on her heal and stalked into the tiny room she and her 10-year-old brother, Jason, shared. Jason was sitting on his twin bed, ready to leap into action.
"What happened?" Jason asked quietly. Kiley stepped the single step to his bed and wrapped her arm around him.
"Its ok." She said comfortingly. "I just went to check on the pigs." She didn’t want her brother to know of her plan to escape. Like their mother always said-- the less people that know the less people can get hurt by it. Mom. It had been so long since they had seen her. It must be close to one month now. But they had killed her. Kiley shook her had bitterly and stood up. "You should go to bed." She said to her brother. "He'll make us get up early tomorrow."
"You don't have to tell me twice." Jason said, yawning. His sister spaced like that at least once a week. He knew what she was thinking. It had been hard on both of them. It had happened so quickly. He also knew that she had tried to run away... again. She always got caught when she changed her mind and tried to come back for him. He wished that, next time, she would just go and leave him. Then at least one of them would survive to rule. She was next in line to get the crown anyway. Actually, Jason corrected himself, technically she is queen now... Jason rolled over towards the wall and continued his thoughts as his sister also went to lie down under her fabric scrap. Their kingdom was so far away. There was no way she could walk there. They might be better off to just go along with their kidnapers and pay the ransom. The 1 interson (close to 3 trillion in USA $... its a rich country) ransom. That was more money than was in the countries till. They would have to raise the taxes. They would better off just letting them kill us and putting the Havingston's oldest son be the ruler. (Jason still thinking)
I have to find a way to get us out of here, Kiley thought. There has to be a way. The brother and sister fell asleep, as they did almost everynight, thinking of a way to escape.
Kiley woke up with a start as she realized how she could get away. She Jumped out of bed and began to arrange the bedding to look as if she was still sleeping there. Then she grabbed the pack of things she had been stealing from Mr. Everson (money, food, clothes, sizers (sp), ect.) She took one look at her sleeping brother sadly. She knew she coulden't take him, it was always when seh went back for him that she got cought.
Kiley walked over to the small window and pried it open as quietly as she could. Having opened the window she saw a man staring back at her. She opened her mouth to scream when the man placed his hand quickly over her mouth. She stopped the muffled scream and looked curiously at the man. He seemed decent enough. He had bright green eyes and shaggy black hair that framed a kind looking face. he was wearing the high-teck armor of a highly ranked knight, or maybe a spy. The man tried to look around Kiley to see inside, but she stood in his way.
"Move." The man grunted past his mask. Kiley stubbornly stayedplanted where she was. The man quickly grew impacent andshoved kiley out of his way, taking her by suprise.**

** continued on http://www.freewebs.com/nire_10
© Copyright 2007 Sopa (nire_10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1211166-Escape