*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207240-Gods-Blessings
by Amanda
Rated: E · Monologue · Spiritual · #1207240
Have you thanked God for blessing you?
Has God ever blessed you?

When He has, have you recognized that He was responsible for bringing this blessing about?

Have you ever thanked God for the people that He has brought into your life to bless you?

I know that I, for one, often don't recognize blessings, and even when I do, I don't always think to offer my humble thanks to my Heavenly Father for them.

God has put many people in my life to bless me. Some are the obvious ones, like my wonderful husband and two beautiful children, my generous parents, friends who sincerely care, and a church family who prays for us through good times and rough patches. Others are not so obvious, like people I don't know who cross my path once and bless me with a kind word or thought. Or someone who is kind and generous enough to send an unwarranted or anonymous gift.

Many times in my life blessings come in the way a situation plays itself out. Things seem to be going badly, but then the result ends up being an answer to a prayer that I never could have orchestrated on my own!

Many times I have prayed and waited and prayed more and waited more, seemingly endlessly, over a tough situation, only to feel like I have been beating my head against the wall. When after months, or years, my prayer is finally answered, I look back at who I was at the beginning and at who I am now and realize that now I am stronger, more empathetic, more thankful, and more patient.

God blesses those who believe in Him and love Him and follow His Son Jesus Christ faithfully. God blesses us because He loves us, and because He wants us to be a blessing and a light to other people.

Have you thanked God for blessing you?
© Copyright 2007 Amanda (amanda2180 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1207240-Gods-Blessings