*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201842-Stunningly-Green-Eyes
Rated: · Other · Other · #1201842
Scaryish Story thing I wrote....
Piercing cold rain fell hard on the town of Collins Port, it was barely three days before Halloween, and still the streets were empty, except for one person. The person was a young women, very attravtive with stunningly green eyes and flowing black hair that currently was falling like a wet curtain around her face. The girls name was Elena.

Elena looked around her and audibly sighed. She was alone, scared, wet and had no place to go. She was sorely tempted to turn around and go home but one thought of her mothers livid face after there most recent argument was enough to keep her out in the rain. SHe wouldn't go back, not ever if she could help it. But then again, she would probably end up sleeping right there on Maxwells Avenue if she didn't get to shelter soon. Sighing again Elena searched for a lite house that looked welcomeing. Finally from up ahead Elena got a quick glimpse of a dull lamp shining through the rain. She quickend her pace hoping with all her heart that the person inside would let her in.

As she drew near the light however she realized that the light wasn't shining from a small house as she had thought but a considerably larger one, one that had a driveway that seemed to be more then a mile long. The house, that was closer to a mansion then anything, had a wrought iron gate surronding the land, but oddly enough the gate was open. Taking a deep breath a trying to control the shivers that had spread thoughout her body Elena stepped through the gates and started the long journey up to the building. Decreasing the distance between the house and herslef was makeing Elena increasingly nervous. The hair on the back of her neck was standing straight up and she wasn't entirely sure that the goose bumps that had covered her arms and legs were entirely from the cold rain.

When Elena finally reached the enourmous house she realized where the light was coming from. There was an old lamp shining through the window nearest the door, and while the light was brighter then first thought it was the only light shining out of any window in the whole house. Gulping down the lump of fear in her throat Elena raised her arm to the knoocker and gave two loud knocks that echoed through the silince of the night. After waiting a full two minutes Elena resolved that whoever lived in this mansion was either asleep or not home. She turned ready to walk away when she heard the door creak open behind her. She turned back around ready to beg the owner for shelter and gasped with horror.

The person who had opened the door was an old women, older then any Elena had seen before. But it wasn't the womens old age that had made her gasp. It was the women's revolting apearens. She had patchy looking skin that was many different shades of colors, and one cold grey eye. She gave Elena a quick look over then looked her in straight in the eyes with the one of her owns.

"I...I'm so..sorry to bother you," Elena finally managed to gasp, " But I...I need some help."

The women mearly nodded and stood aside to let her into the dry interior of the mansion. Then she turned and led Elena into a large room with a warm fire glowing hot in the fireplace. Rushing over to the fire Elena held her cold hands near it.

"Would you like some hot cocoa or hot tea to drink, darling?" the women croaked in a reedy breath from behind her. " Maybe then you could explain to me what is wrong."

Elena turned toward the women, trying not to stare at her disturbing face. THough she may be unusual in appearence Elena realized that she owed this women an explanation and that she didnt have to let a wet young women into her home. So she offerend the old women a grateful smile and nodded er head.

After a hot cup of tea and talking about what had driven her out into the miserable weather in the first place Elena felt considerably better. The old women seeing that all Elena needed now was a warm bed to sleep in, grabbed a lantern and gestured for her to get up and follow her up the winding staircase The old women led her to a medium sized room with a large feather bed and down comforter. With a smile she left Elena alone to slip into bed and a much needed sleep.

Barely three hours later Elena jerked awake. Disconbobluated and confused. After remembering where she was she tried to concentrate on what it was that had waken her up. Not knowing what it was Elena focoused on trying to get back to sleep. Fifteen minutes later she still hadn't fallen asleep and got up to go to the bathroom. By the time she realized that she had absoulutely no idea where the bathroom was it was too late. The hallways were dark and there were so many of them that Elena was soon hopelessly lost. To make it worse the goosebumps on her arms were back and she had the strangest feeling of being watched. After five minutes of pacing hall way after hall way Elena swore she heard a steady drip a leaking fauset. Quikening her steps until she was almost running Elena found the room that the dripping was coming from. Asuming that it was a bathroom Elena opened the door and stepped into the room.

She was barely 3 steps away from the door when it slammed shut behind her. Plunging her into pitch blackness. Elena jumped to the door and grabbed the handle, hoping against hope that it would open. After tugging on the handle for many seconds Elena decided it was useless. Stepping away from the door and running her hand against the cool wall, Elena searched for a light to chase away the darkness. Suddenly her hand felt something wet, slimy, and smelling sickly of blood, and for the first time upon entering the room Elena realized that the ragged breaths that filled the darkness could not be hers alone. SHe jumped away from the walls and swung wildly around. Coliding with something solid that grabbed her arm in a vicelike grip.

" You have lovely eyes darling," a reedy voice hissed, "So stunningly green,"

Then her arm was let go and hands closed around her throat. She gave a final sturggle that no one would ever see, gave a final cry of help that no one would ever answer, and let out a final high pitched scream that no one would ever hear...



Three days later on Halloween night, four young kids made there way up the mile long driveway to an enourmous house on a hill. There little arms reached up and knocked on the knocker two times. The scared wooden doors opened and the litttle children gasped. There stood an old women with patchy skin that had many different shades, one cold grey eye, and one stunninly green one.
© Copyright 2007 luckystar53 (scotlandgrl53 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1201842-Stunningly-Green-Eyes