*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199879-The-Magic-Necklace
Rated: · Short Story · Fantasy · #1199879
A story about a girl who can beat any enemy with the power of a necklace
The Magic Necklace

Princess Amy put on her favourite necklace. It was of pink rose stone. It held a secret, a magical secret. Centuries ago her great-great-great-great grandmother was a warrior and dragon slayer.
There was a legend about the necklace. It was found around the neck of one of the biggest dragons in the world.
What was so special about it? It was the necklace of good and evil., with both the power to defeat all bad or good enemies. Whenever it was worn by a good person it took on it's original pink colour. When it was worn by an evil person it turned as black as night. Amy wondered how she could have any evil enemies. But she wasn't to know that the evil seer Raven had tried in vain for a long time to snatch it of the Raider family.
"Snatch it of that girl's neck" the seer told her owl "you have failed me enough already, get it this time or I'll tear you limb from limb"

Amy was sitting out in the sun it was beautiful today, everything seemed perfect. She drifted of to sleep.
She dreamt of her ancestor. She had blonde hair and alert brown eyes. She was running from an enemy. She raced into a cave. There a gigantic red dragon lay asleep. It's snores echoing around the cave. She watched the woman slowly lifting the necklace from the dragon being careful not to be burned by the fire coming out of it's nostrils. Her ancestor was beautiful, with such determination etched on her face, ready to face the bad if it came. She made her escape and she didn't even have to kill it.
Amy woke up and felt for the necklace, but to her horror it was gone. She looked up into the sky, she could see a brown owl with the necklace in it's beak.
She hurried after it's trail, it was a fast mover, she had lost it.
But then she heard a little voice in her head saying "in the castle beside the cave"
She didn't think of the similarity it had to the legend. Where had the voice come from, her ancestor? She had no time to think.


"Ah" said Raven giving the owl a dead mouse as a reward.
"Good boy Hav" she heard footsteps in the cave, "Who's there?" she called.
She seen a young girl approach with brown hair, quite plain yet such intriguing eyes like green meadows.
"I have come for my necklace" Amy said.
Raven smirked "Your necklace? I think you are mistaken your family stole that of me, it is rightfully mine. I bought it of an evil witch at a big cost. I know that people would talk of it's power so I put it on my dragon's neck thinking no- one would dare get at it. Then your ancestor stole it, who I found out later was a dragon slayer even though she decided to spare my dragon's life.
Amy took a closer look at the seer. She had elegant features, brown shiny hair, her eyes were like wolves' eyes. Scary yet so beautiful.
"How do you look so young if you are centuries old?" Amy asked.
"Youth potion, I purchased enough bottles to see me and my dragon through three centuries. It keeps me in my forties always. Amy had never seen anyone so intriguing. But she could see evil intentions in those eyes.
"What will you do with the necklace?" Amy inquired.
"What I planned to do centuries ago, make this world mine. Let evil run amuck"
"But I will not let you!" Amy said "my ancestor rightfully earned that necklace"
"Lets see if you survive two days and two nights in my dragon's dungeon, if you do you may keep the necklace, if not it will be mine again"
Amy shuddered, really she didn't want to risk her life but the fate of the world relied on her. She had no choice. The seer (wise woman) would rule the whole world under her evil thumb.
"I agree" Amy said feebly.
The dungeon was a smelly place. At first the dragon was asleep and the first day passed without him opening his eyes. At the end of the day he opened his eyes quite shocked to see her there.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"My name is Amy"
The dragon licked his lips, his tummy rumbling madly.
"Please don't hurt me" Amy begged. The dragon saw the tears in her eyes and he took pity on her.
"I haven't eaten for a long time- I am only kept alive by a youth potion. She never gives me anything to eat since her necklace was stolen"
"That's why I'm here" Amy explained "to claim the necklace, to stop her evil plans"
"I've never had a friend, how long will you stay?" the dragon asked getting quite fond of her already.
"Two days and two nights"
Then we will get along just fine"

The seer laughed to herself when she walked towards the cave two days and two nights later.
"I starve that dragon day and night, he's bound to have eaten her"
To her dismay Amy was not only safe and sound but in conversation with the dragon.
"You stupid fool" she told the dragon "you should have ate her."
"Yes you keep me hungry except for drops of youth potion my tummy would have loved a meal but I've never had a friend, besides she's a fairy I can tell, I get this really itchy feeling in my nose if one crawls into my cave, it's very bad luck to kill one"
"Me? But I'm just a princess"
"A fairy princess" the dragon told her "not all fairies have wings and are tiny you know"
The seer tore at her hair and stormed of in a rage throwing the necklace at Amy's feet.
"Was that true?" Amy asked the dragon.
"No but it was convincing"
"I'm very grateful to you" Amy said to the dragon kissing it on the cheek sorry that now she would have to say good-bye. "If you like I could come and visit you and bring you something to eat"
"No that would be too dangerous, besides you do realise she's not going to give in this easily, she'll soon try and steal it of you again, or reclaim I should say, though she deserves not an inch of that necklace. It‘s yours to use wisely now, you have earned it."
"I wish you and I could fly of and do some good with this necklace" Amy pondered aloud.
"Yes" agreed the dragon "I think I would like that very much, it's gets very cramped in this cave, but first you need to break these chains"
.The necklace freed them and then of they flew into the sunset for a life full of adventure and heroic acts of kindness.

© Copyright 2007 fluffy fairy (tobaira at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1199879-The-Magic-Necklace