*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196692-Aidriam
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1196692
A piece used for furthering character development in a new story.
It was a typical day. January 19th I think. I don’t pay much attention to the date anymore. I waited impatiently for Jay to come. I glared at the garage where my car sat…unmoving and thoroughly unable to turn on. It was a silly thing anyway and so unneeded. If I could get away with it I would run to school. I could make it there faster and it would be far simpler. But there were a few problems with that. The major one being that I don’t mean to run in the way a cross-country runner would, I mean to run as a wolf. That’s the other major problem. Most of the people that I know would be horrified to see a huge wolf run to school and then morph into me. Being a werewolf isn’t always good. Of course there is also the small fact of having to be angry in order to turn. That could pose a problem. I am becoming better at control but there is always that small chance after all. I shrugged to myself and grinned. Just the thought of how surprised everyone would be. I liked to play a good prank and that one would be great. But I’m not stupid nor am I that selfish. I would not expose my brothers just because I’m impatient and like a prank. I saw Jay finally drive up and ran out to meet him. Something made me slow and I glanced to the front seat. A pair of honey-colored eyes met mine. I felt like I’d slammed into a brick wall. My body kept going like nothing was wrong, but my mind, my spirit, stopped dead. She was golden. Pale skinned, soft looking, blonde hair falling past her shoulders. Those eyes. Like liquid warmth flowing out to me. I got in the car, said something stupid and mentally assessed the girl in the front seat. She smelled both strong and weak at the same time. Like she was both the scared kitten and the wall it was hiding behind. She was suffering and part of her screamed for help and protection from the cruelty the world had thrown at her. And yet something in her told me she would hate me for pointing out her suffering and it would be even worse if I tried to protect her. She was a beautiful contradiction and she fascinated me.
© Copyright 2007 ElainaK (purelight at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1196692-Aidriam