*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192712-Typical-Teens
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Rosy
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #1192712
Typical Teens Is a series about six teenagers who are best friends
Pilot (Welcome To Oakland High) 
      ____________________________________________________________________


Written by: Brianna Quinn
Trascribed by:Brianna Quinn

      _____________________________________________________________________

[Opening to Oakland high/front of school/day/. Kids are everywhere, some are talking on there cell phones, laughing and giggling. Cut to: Kid being bullied.]

Kid: " Please, stop!"

Bully: " Yeah, well maybe you'll think twice next time about walking on my part of the lawn."

(Bully punches the kid in the stomach.)

Kid: " Oof!''

(Cut to: Parking lot. Chloe Matthew's drives up in her red V. W. with her best friend Jenny Davis in the passengers seat.)

Jenny (talking about the kid being bullied): " Talk about getting off on the wrong lawn."

Chloe: " Uh, I believe the phase is " Getting off on the wrong foot."

Jenny: " Yeah, I know. I was speaking in terms of him being on the lawn."

Chloe: " Ooh, right."

(The girls start laughing as Joey Davis and his friend Eddie Cowen drive up in an old beat up light blue mustang, the left taillight is out.)

Chloe (Laughs): " Oh, huh Joey, you should probably get that taillight fixed."

Jenny: " Yeah bro. I mean, I can't believe you're still driving that old thing."

(Joey and Eddie both get out of the car.)

Joey: " What do you mean? This is the best car I ever had.(to Chloe) And as for the taillight, it is fixed.(Proud) I fixed it myself."

Chloe (Chuckles): " That would explain it."

(Jenny and Chloe both giggle.)

Joey: " What are you talking about? I just fixed it."

(Joey goes to the back of his car and sees the taillight out.)

Joey (Mumbling to himself): " I just fixed this thing, how the...(Sighs)."

Eddie: " Come on you guys. Why you baggen on my pal, Joey here. Huh?"

Chloe: " Eddie. Lighten up. It's called joking."

(At that moment Brook Johnson comes driving up in her silver Toyota. And Devin Tyler's comes riding up on his skateboard. Brook gets out of her car.)

Brook: " Hey, guys. What's going on?"

Chloe: " Oh, nothing. We were just telling Joey what a good job he did fixing his tailight, all be himself."

(Chloe Smiles and Brook looks at the back of his car and sees the taillight out.)

Brook: " It doesn't look fixed to me."

Chloe: " Like I said. He Fixed it himself."

Brook: " Ohhh."

(The girls start laughing again.)

Devin: " Hey, Joey. My dad can fix it for you no problem."

Joey: " Really? Oh man that would be great. How much do you think it will cost?"

Devin: " Ohh, I'd say about, uh, $30 should cover it."

Jenny: " You better start saving your pennys now, Joey."

(Joey looks at her and sighs. Then turns around and walks over to the school. everyone else follows.)

Eddie: " Hey Joe, wait up!"

                                              Opening Credits

[Scene: School/hallway/lockers/ Jenny,Chloe,and Brook, are getting books out of there lockers.]

Jenny: " I wonder if he even knows I'm alive."

Chloe: " Jenny, Josh knows you're alive, don't worry. I think you just need to give him time, that's all."

Jenny: " I know, but, I said hi to him yesterday at lunch and he didn't even say it back to me. He just walked right on by without even looking back."

Brook: " Maybe he didn't hear you?"

(Jenny gives her a look.)

Chloe: " Well, Joey knows him right? Why don't you have Joey introduce you to him?"

Jenny: " What? Are you out of your mind? Joey is my brother, he is so not going to introduce Josh to me. He would more or less try to humiliate me infront of him."

Brook: " Why don't you ask him Chloe? I mean, he does talk to you, right?"

Chloe: " I've talked to the guy like once, and that was because we ran into eachother in the hallway, I dropped my books. And he helped me pick them up."

Brook ( Teasingly): " Did he say he liked your smile, because all the guys seem to say that?"

(Chloe has a glowing look in her eyes.)

Chloe (sighs with a smile): " Yes. (realizing what she just said) I mean, no. What? Your confusing me."

Jenny: " Wait, if you like him then, how are you gonna get him to notice me if you're drooling all over him?"

Chloe: " I don't like him, he's not my type. (beat) And I don't drool."

Jenny: " Look, you guys I appreciate what you're trying to do for me, but maybe I should just forget that he is..."

(At that moment Josh walks down the hall, time slows down a bit so he walks past her in slow motion. Then he looks at her and smiles.)

Jenny: ".....Hot!"

(Chloe and Brook look at Josh and then at Jenny.)

Chloe: " Ohhh, she's got it bad."

Brook: " So bad."

(Cut to: Lunch/the girls are sitting at the lunch table when the boys come over.)

Devin: " Hello, ladies. Mind if we join you?"

Brook: " Well you're going to anyway."

Eddie: " What's that supposed to me?"

Jenny: " It means that you always sit with us. So you don't need to ask."

Eddie: " Ohh, okay."

(They sit down.)

Brook: " Hey,Chloe. The lunch lady gave me carrots again, do you want them?"

(Chloe is to preoccupied looking at someone, to even notice what she said.)

Brook: " Hello, Chloe!"

Jenny: " I think she's got something else on her mind."

(Everyone looks over to see what Chloe's looking at. It's the volleyball coach. Chloe is staring at him mindlessly.)

Joey: " Ohh, talk about having it bad. Chloe's got the hots for the new volleyball coach."

(Devin starts to get Jealous.)

Devin: " Yeah, well, he's not so great. I mean he doesn't exactly have the qualities that Chloe likes in a guy."

Brook: " And you think you know what those qualities are?"

Devin (stammering): " What? N-no. I-I-I mean, what are you talking about. I was just saying, h-he's nothing special."

Jenny: " Mmm-hmm."

(Devin looks a little embarrassed and turns his head back to his food.)

Joey: " Yo, Chloe. Hey, snap out of it, will ya?"

(Chloe finally looks away realizing everyone is staring at her.)

Chloe: "Huh? What?"

Eddie: " We see you have the hots for the new volleyball coach."

Chloe: " (nervous chuckle) What? Nooo. I-I don't have the hots for him, he's like 22 or something and he's so not might type."

Joey: " Yeah. right."

(He takes a bit out of his pizza.)

Jenny: " Yeah, who would want a hot, sexy, 22 year old volleyball coach who has like the best abes in school."

Chloe: " No to mention those sideburns, and his hair smells so....oooohhh."

(She realizes what she said and tried to change the subject.)

Chloe: " Anyway. So what's up with the principle? He's been acting really weird lately."

Joey: " I know, right? I mean,just the other day, he caught me being late for class and all he said was, Just remember to be on time tomorrow, Joey."

Eddie: " He didn't even give you a detention slip?"

Joey: " Nope. He just smiled and walked off."

(Chloe looks over at the volleyball coach again and sees him leaving.)

Chloe: " Ohh, I'll catch you guys later, I've got something I need to do."

Jenny: " But you haven't even touched your food yet."

Chloe: " (still looking at the coach in aww)  I-I know, I'm not that hungry."

(Devin looks up and sees the volleyball coach leaving and realizes why Chloe is.)

Devin: " Hey, Chloe wait. I'll go with you. I'm not that hungry either."

Chloe: " Oh thanks Devin, you don't have to."

Devin: " Oh I know. I want to."

Chloe: " Huh, okay. Lets go. I'll see you guys later."

(They walk off.)

[Cut to: Inside gym. Girls Volleyball Tryouts. The coach is there and so are some girls. Chloe and Devin walk in.]

Devin: " So huh, tell me, why are we here?"

Chloe:" Well you wanted to come. I want to try out for the volleyball team."

Devin: " Ohhhh."

(Devin knows why she wants to, but tries to get it out of her.)

Devin: " I didn't know you liked volleyball, or could play for that matter."

Chloe: " Huh, yeah, I've always kinda liked it a little bit. I mean, My teacher told me I had to pick a sport. Volleyballs the sport I chose."

Devin: " Ohh, so then it has nothing to do with the fact that the Chris Canon is the new volleyball coach?"

Chloe (nervous laugh): " What? Really? He is. I-I haven't noticed."

(Devin just looks down, smacks his hand on his head and shakes his head. Chloe's not getting anything he says. The coach starts talking to the players.)

Coach: " Hello everyone. My name is Chris Canon. You all may call me either Chris, Coach Canon or just plain Coach. Whatever you girls prefer. Okay, lets get started. Who's up first?"

(Chloe immediately gets excited and walks over to him.)

Chloe: " I am."

Chris: " Okay. And what's your name?"

Chloe: " Chloe. Chloe Matthew's."

(Chloe smiles at him and he smiles back.)

Chris: " (writing her name down on his clip board) Okay, Chloe. I'm Chris. Lets see whatcha got."

(He hands her a ball and moves over to the other side to watch. Chloe makes a fist. She hits the ball and it hits the coach right in the head and then lands over the net.)

Chloe (with her hand over her mouth in shock): " Ohhh, I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

Chris: " Yup. I'm fine. Just fine. Um, okay, well, huh,(clears  his throat) that was.....different. I must say, no one has really ever done that before."

(Chloe gives a nervous laugh and then Chris laughs too).

Chloe: " I am soo sorry.

Chris: " It's okay, I'm fine. Don't worry about it."

(He laughs again.)

Chloe: " Oh, I guess I didn't make the team. (beat) did I ?"

Chris: " I'll let you know. Okay who's next.

(A girl walks up to him as Chloe walks back to Devin, you here Chris and the girl talk in the background.)

Chris: " And you are?"

Girl: " I'm Amy Walsh."

Devin: " Okay, well that was very.....(beat) Interesting."

Chloe (Groans): " Ohhhh, that was so embarrassing. How could I do that? Ugh, I can't believe I hit him in the head with the ball."

Devin: " Well, It could have been worst."

Chloe: " Devin, how could it have been worst? I just hit the hottest coach in the school, with a volleyball. I am so not on the team now."

Devin: " Oh Chloe, don't be so hard in yourself. I betcha you made the top ten.

(Chloe smiles.)

Devin: " Hey Chloe, I was wondering if you wanted to go out maybe tomorrow? Get your mind off of this? I'd ask you to do it today but I've got something planned this afternoon."

Chloe: " Uh, yeah sure. Thanks Devin, your such a good friend."

(Chloe walks towards the door. Devin looks at her for a moment and smiles then he follows.)

                                                  Commercial Break

[Open to: Later that day/hallway/lockers. Chloe, Jenny, and Brook are there talking.]

Chloe: " I just can't believe I did that. I didn't make a very good first impression that's for sure."

Brook: " I bet, Devin was happy."

Chloe: " Devin? Why would you say that?"

Brook: " Because he totally has a crush on you."

Jenny: '' Brook!"

Brook: " Oops!"

Chloe: " What?"

Jenny: " Devin got so jealous when we told him you had the hots for the new volleyball coach."

Chloe: " I do not have the hots...Wait he did?"

Brook: " Yeah, he tried to hide it afterwards. But we knew he liked you. Why do you think he wanted to come with you?"

Chloe: " Ohh, I had no Idea. He asked me to go out with him tomorrow to get my mind off of it. Ohh, and I told him I would go.

Jenny: " Why tomorrow? Why not today?"

Chloe: '' Ohh because he had something planned already today. Ohh he probably thought I was leading him on."

Brook: " Well, are you?"

Chloe: " No, no. I only like Devin as a friend, nothing more. I didn't realize that's what he meant when he asked me out. (beat) I have to go try and explain that to him."

Jenny: " No, wait. You can't do that."

Chloe: " But I've got to tell him I don't like him in that way."

Jenny: " No, you can't let him know that you know he has a crush on you."

Brook: " Yeah, it would humiliate him totally."

Chloe: " Okay, fine. But what do you propose I do?"

(The bell rings.)

Chloe: " Huh, never mind. We better get to class, I'll figure it out later."

(The girls walk off to class as everyone runs to find their classroom.)

[Scene: main hallway after classes. Girls are all crammed together at the billboard trying to see if they had made the team, Some did. Some didn't.]

Girl#1 (squeals): " I made the team!"

Girl #2 (Groans): " Ohh, man. I didn't."

(They both walk off. Chloe comes over to the board and looks on it, you see a list of names. And the second to last name says Chloe Matthew's.)

Chloe: " I made it! I made it! Yeah!! I can't believe it! This is so cool! Yeah.(singsong, and dancing) I made it, I made it, oh yeah, oh yeah. Oh..."

(She looks over and sees everyone looking at her.)

Chloe: "...Sorry."

(She stops and walks over to her friends who saw her little moves).

Brook (teasingly): " Hey, I heard that you made it."

Chloe (Laughs): " Yeah, I did. I can't believe it. I made it!!!! Whooo!!!!."

(The girls walk off and you see Devin standing there looking jealous again.)

Devin (to himself): " I'm glad you made it Chloe."

(Dissolve to: Next day. Volleyball gym. The coach and the girls that made it are there for practice. The coach is talking to them.)

Chris: " Okay. Now today we are going to do a little practice run. Just to see how good you guys really are."

(Chloe runs in and stands next to one of the girls.)

Chris: " You're late, Miss.Matthew's."

Chloe: " I know. I'm sorry. I'm really Sorry."

Chris: " It's okay, just make sure you're here on time tomorrow."

Chloe: '' I will. I promise."

Girl (Whispering to her friend): " It would have been better if she hadn't been here at all so she wouldn't hit anybody else with the volleyball."

(Chloe heard that remark and looks down. Chris heard it too and looks at Chloe.)

Chris: '' Chloe, why don't you go first."

Girl (to the girl): " This auta be good."

Chloe: " Me? Are you sure?"

Girl: " Yeah, are you sure? Maybe she did more brain damage then we think."

(She laughs.)

Chris: '' I'm fine. And yes I'm sure. Now I won't have any criticism in my gym, is that clear?"

(The girls nod and Chloe takes the volleyball Chris is holding and Stands near the net.)

Chris: " Okay, Chloe, now Jeff is going to be the receiver of the ball. Okay? Now all you need to do is try to get him out. Okay, go."

(Chloe throws the ball into the air and spikes it over the net. The ball comes down on the other side of the court before Jeff can hit the ball. Chloe Is shocked.)

Chris: " Wow, that was, that was great. Chloe, excellent."

(Chris gives Chloe a big hug and she takes in the moment. Devin is on the sidelines watching her and when he sees her hug him he gets up and leaves disappointed.)

Chloe: " I can't believe I did it."

(Chloe looks at the girl who was making fun of her earlier.)

Chloe: " What do you think of that?"

(Chloe stands next to the other girls and Chris calls the next girl out.)

Chris: " Okay, Amy Walsh. Lets see if you can beat Jeff like Chloe did."

(Chris smiles at Chloe and she gives him an I'm-in-love-with-you Smile. Cut to: Outside the gym, after practice, Chloe's walking out and Chris catches up to her.)

Chris: " Hey, Chloe. (he closes the gym doors) I just wanted to say how impressed I was with what you did today, great job."

Chloe: " Thanks Coach. You really think I did that well?"

Chris: " Call me Chris. And yeah, of course. Now don't tell any of the girls, but I think you did the best job today."

Chloe: " Really? Wow, I mean, that is really nice to hear."

(Chris smiles at her and then Chloe looks away to hide her blush. Neither of them see Devin come down the hallway and listen in on what there saying.)

Chris: " So, huh, I was wondering If you wanted to go get something to eat?"

Chloe: (Caught in the moment again)" Yes. I-I mean I would love to join you."

(Hold on Devin's shocked and appalled look.)

[Dissolve to: Pizza Parlor. Chris and Chloe are sitting at a table talking when a waitress comes over to them.]

Waitress: " Okay, so what can I get you kids to drink?"

Chris: " I'll have a Coke.''

(Waitress writes it down and then looks at Chloe.)

Waitress: " And what about you?"

Chloe: " Um, I think I'll just have water."

(Waitress writes it down.)

Waitress: " Okay. And what would you like to eat?"

Chris: " Uh, what do you think? A Pepperoni Pizza with....."

Chloe: " Green peppers. If that's what you want."

Chris: " Okay, with green peppers."

(Waitress writes it down.)

Waitress: " Okay anything else?"

Chris: " Is there anything else you want, Chloe?"

Chloe: " No. I think that's it."

Chris: " Nope, were good."

Waitress: " Okay. I'll be right back with your order."

(The waitress walks away. And passes Devin as he walks in and sees Chloe and Chris sitting at a table. He walks over to them.)

Chloe: " So is Volleyball gonna be your profession?"

Chris: " Yeah, Maybe. I love teaching it. And I like teaching you too."

(Chloe smiles. And Devin comes over to there table.)

Chloe: " Devin, hi. What are you doing here?"

Devin: " I thought we were supposed to get something to eat today, remember? I asked you yesterday? But I see you made plains with someone else."

Chloe: " Ohhhh, Devin. I am so, sorry. I totally forgot you asked me to. I can't believe I bailed on you. Uh, rain check?"

Devin (A little disappointed ): " Yeah, yeah. I had something I needed to do anyway, I just came over to tell you I couldn't be here. But I'm glad that you have someone to entertain you when I couldn't."

Chloe: " Devin."

Devin: " No, it's okay. I have to go. Bye."

(He walks off.)

Chloe: " Devin? Devin, wait. Excuse me for one moment Chris. I have to talk to him."

Chris: " Yeah, sure no problem."

(Chloe runs out after Devin.)

Chloe: " Devin wait."

(Chloe runs out into the parking lot and doesn't see the car coming around the corner.)

Chloe: " Devin. I need to..."

(The car comes screeching around the corner and Devin turns around right when the car hits Chloe. She hits the pavement hard and goes unconscious. Devin comes running over.)

Devin: " CHLOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Fade to black

                                              Commercial Break

[Open to: Memorial Hospital/day. Chris, Devin and Chloe's parents are in the waiting room. Jenny, Brook, Joey, and Eddie come rushing into the waiting room.]

Jenny: " We just heard. How is she?"

Mr. Matthew's: '' The doctors are examining her right now."

Joey: " How'd it happen?"

(Everyone looks at Chris, who looks at Devin.)

Devin: " Uh, Chris and Chloe were in the restaurant and I saw them in there together and got jealous...."

(Eddie interrupts him.)

Eddie: "Wait, So you pushed Chloe into a car?"

Devin: " No, will you let me finish? Gee!"

(Eddie looks away.)

Devin: '' No, I got jealous and ran out. Chloe ran out after me, she was calling my name, but I didn't stop. I wish now I did. Cause, then I heard a tire screech and when I turned around, it hit her. I wish I didn't run out. Why did I do that? Why?"

(Devin puts his hands on his head and starts to cry.)

Mrs. Matthew's: " It wasn't your fault, Devin. We don't blame you. You said the car wasn't speeding, so it couldn't have done a lot of damage. It's all right. Chloe will be all right."

(As she says that a doctor comes in the room. And everyone stands up.)

Dr. Thomas: '' Yes, she will. You have a brave daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew's. She's a fighter."

Mr. Matthew's: " How is she doc?"

Dr. Thomas: '' Well, you're right, Mrs. Matthew's, the car didn't do to much damage. She has a concussion and a broken arm, and when she wakes up she'll have a heck of a headache, but I think your daughter will be just fine in a week or two. I want to keep her here for observation until then."

Brook: " Can we go in and see her?"

Dr. Thomas:  Um, only parents are aloud to go see the patient in the ER. But when they put her in her regular room, you can."

Brook: " When will that be?"

Dr. Thomas: '' Well, her rooms not ready yet. But in maybe 15 minutes you can go see her."

Brook: " All right, thanks."

(Mr.& Mrs. Matthew's leave with the doctor leaving the kids in the room.)

Joey: " Where's the bathroom around here? I gotta go?"

Chris: " Down the hall to the left."

Jenny: " Wow, you certainly know your way around a hospital."

Chris: " Yeah, I guess."

(Joey leaves.)

Eddie: " Well, that was interesting. Hey, Devin, and you whatever your name is, do you guys want to go down to the dressing rooms and try on the doctors clothes? We could go around and freak people out making them think we real doctors."

Chris: " Chris. And I don't know if that would be a good Idea."

Eddie: " Why not? We did it the last time we were here."

Chris: " The last time?"

Eddie: " Yeah, when Devin fell out of a tree and broke his leg."

Chris: " When did that happen?"

Devin: " Last year."

Eddie: " So do ya?"

(Chris looks at Devin.)

Chris: " It's up to you."

Devin: '' Sure, why not. It might be fun."

Eddie: " Great! Lets go men."

(The boys go out leaving the two girls in the room alone.)

Brook (smiling): " Sooo. Do you want to go down to the third floor and look at all the new babies?"

Jenny: " Sure. Lets go."

(They both leave. Cut to: Elevator door. Jenny and Brook wait for it to open. The doors open and they walk inside. There's a pregnant woman standing in the corner.)

Jenny: " Hi."

Pregnant Lady: '' Hi."

Jenny: " Elevators. I'm Jenny. What's your name?"

Pregnant Lady: '' Carrie."

Brook: '' When's your baby due?"

Carrie: " In two weeks. It's a girl. Were gonna name her, Sara."

Jenny: " I like that name."

(Suddenly Carrie holds her stomach in pain.)

Brook: " Are you okay?"

Carrie (between breathing): '' No....I...think....I'm..going...into....Labor...ahhhhhh! "

(Jenny and Brook look at her in shock. Carrie slides down to the floor of the elevator. Jenny crouches down beside her.)

Jenny: " What? Are you serious? ohh, this can't be happening. Brook, what do we do?"

Brook: " You're asking me? I don't know. Wait for the elevator to stop and we'll get a doctor. Just whatever you do, don't panic."

(The elevator comes to a halt in between two floors. The girls look at eachother.)

Jenny: " I think we can panic now."

(Cut to: Waiting room. Joey comes back in and sees everyone has left.)

Joey: " Uh, Hello?"

[Cut to: mainhall/the boys are now dressed in doctor clothes and have masks on there face. They walk into Chloe's room that is now ready. Chloe and her parents are there.]

Eddie: " Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Matthew's? May we have a word with your daughter for a moment please?"

(Eddie walks up to Mrs. Matthew's and shows her it's him without Chloe seeing. And he puts his finger to his mouth. Mrs. Matthew's sees why they're there.and plays along.)

Mrs. Matthew's: " Yes, of course."

(She walks out with Mr. Matthew's.)

(Eddie looks at Chloe's left arm, which is in a sling)

Eddie: " Chloe, How is your arm doing?"

Chloe (Who slowly sit's up): " Fine."

Joey: " Uh, well...."

(Eddie interrupts him)

Eddie: " We are sorry to have to be the ones to tell you this, but. You have a terrible disease, called...."

(Devin interrupts.)

Devin: " Accentiliouses."

Chloe: '' What?"

Eddie: '' What? I mean....Yes, it is a very rare disease. But you can die from it."

Chloe: '' Well, what do you have to do to cure it?"

(Chris steps in for this one.)

Chris: " We have to keep you in bed, and you can't have any contact with the outside world, or you'll make it worst."

Chloe: " Wait, wait, so you're telling me I have this disease, that I've never even heard of, and the only way to cure it is to make me antisocial?"

Eddie: " Well, yes. Do you know what Accentiliouses is?"

Chloe: " No."

Devin: " It's a disease where you trip and fall over everything, so you see..."

(Eddie finishes his sentence.)

Eddie: "...You have to stay in bed in order for you not to get hit by a car again, or worst, fall down the stairs."

(Chloe looks at them and knows something's not right.)

Chloe: " Okay, who are you people? Wait, I know. You guys cannot be doctors, one, you're way to short to be, two, there is no such disease as Accentiliouses. And three, you guys really don't know how to be real doctors. So you guys must be Eddie, Devin and, Joey."

(They all take there masks off and Chloe's shocked to see Chris.)

Chloe: " Chris? What are you doing here?"

Chris: " What? You don't want me here? That's okay. I'll go wait in the car."

(He pretends to go leave.)

Chloe: " No, wait. I was just surprised to see you that's all. I'm glad you're here."

(Devin looks at her and she looks at him.)

Chloe: " And Devin, I'm really sorry I forgot about our plains today. I wouldn't have gone to the restaurant with Chris if I had remembered. I'm sorry."

Devin: " Yeah, well. You have your own life. And it shouldn't bother me if you go out with guys older then you are."

Chloe: " Ohh, we're not going out. We were just getting lunch and getting to know eachother. Right Chris?"

(Chris looks a little disappointed that she said they weren't going out.)

Chris: '' Yeah, right."

Chloe: " See? You have nothing to worry about."

Devin: " Okay. And I owe you an apology too. I should have listened to you, but I ignored you and that's what made you go farther into the parking lot and get hit. And for that I am truly sorry."

Chloe: " It's okay. It wasn't your fault, I should have watched were I was going. But I guess we are both even now. Right?"

Devin: " Right."

(They both smile.)

[Cut to: Elevator/Girls are still stuck there.]

Brook: " Ohh, man. Ohh, man. Ohh, man. What do we do now?"

Carrie: " Oh, no, I think it's coming...ahhhhhhh."

Brook: " Can't you stop her from coming. I mean it's not really a place for a baby to be born."

Carrie: " What do you expect me to do?"

Brook: '' Well, isn't going into labor like when you have an urge to pee? Can't you just hold her in?"

Jenny: " Brook, I don't think this is the same thing. You can't stop a baby from coming out the...."

Carrie: " Ahhhh...ow. Ohh, please God. Not now."

Jenny: " Brook, I think we're running out of time. What do we do?"

Brook: " Why are you asking me?"

Jenny: " Because, your mom's a nurse. Doesn't she deal with this kind of stuff everyday?"

Brook: " Yeah, but that's her this is me. I don't know what to do."

Jenny: " You have to know something. Hurry, she's getting closer in her contractions."

(Carrie yells out.)

Brook: " Okay, uh, Carrie just breath in and out in and out."

(Carrie starts breathing like Brook is showing her.)

Carrie: " I think it's time..ow."

Jenny: " Okay, okay. I can handle it, I can handle it, I can...no I can't."

(Jenny faints.)

Brook: " Ohh, a lot of help you are."

(Carries screams out. Brook goes over to her to see if the baby is really coming.)

Brook: " Ohh my, ohh, dear. It's coming, I see a tuff of hair. Ohh here we go. Carrie you're doing great, just one more push and Sara is out."

(Carries looks at her and then pushes one more time.)

Brook: " That's it, that's it, here she comes...ohh ohh, there we go, ohh, hello baby. Ohh, she is so beautiful. Ohh, here you go, Carrie, Sara is just beautiful."

(Brook hands the baby to Carrie. Brook goes over to Jenny and wakes her up.)

Brook: " You okay now?"

Jenny: " Yeah, I can't believe I fainted. But looks like you made it without me."

(They both smile and look at Carrie holding her new baby.)


                                            Commercial Break

[Open to: Outside elevator. Electrician is working on the circuit breaker. He finally gets it to work and the doors open. Jenny looks up and sees him.]

Jenny: " Ohh, praise be, we're being rescued."

(He helps her out and then Brook. Carrie stands up and hands her baby to Brook. And the guy helps her out as well. Doctors come over with a gurney and put Carrie on it, Brook hands Sara back to her.)

Carrie: " Thank you both so much. I couldn't have done it without you. I owe my daughters life to you. Thank you again."

(Brook and Jenny look at eachother and smile.)

Jenny: " Well, I wasn't much of a help. Brook did all of it. But you're welcome."

Carrie: " Yes, Brook. I thank you so much. I don't know how you did it but you did."

Brook: " Come to think of it, I don't either."

(They all laugh. Mr. & Mrs. Matthew's and All the boys, including Joey come over to them after hearing all the commotion. A doctor is wheeling Chloe out in a wheelchair.)

Brook: " Chloe. Ohh, Chloe you're all right."

(Brook hugs Chloe and then Jenny does too.)

Chloe: " Yeah, I'm all right.''

Devin: " She was in good hands."

Joey: '' Yeah. Mmm, Where were you guys anyway? I came back from the bathroom and you where all gone?"

Brook: " Me and Jenny went to go see the new born babies on the third floor when Carrie here went into labor. And the elevator stopped and I delivered baby Sara all by myself."

Chloe: " All by yourself? I thought you said you and Jenny went together.''

Jenny: " Yeah, well I wasn't much help seeing as I had.....fainted."

Joey: " Hahaha, you fainted? Ohh that's great."

(Joey's laughing.)

Jenny: " Yeah, the story of my life, I know."

Joey: " Yeah, that's like the story of your...Ohh. Well, where were you guys?"

Eddie: '' Ohh, we went to the doctor's dressing room and well, as you can see we went around pretending we were doctors. (Smiles) And we freaked some patients out along the way.''

Joey: " You guys did all of that without me? Ohh, why didn't you wait for me? I only went to the bathroom."

Devin (Chuckles): " That's why we didn't wait for you."

Joey: '' Yeah, but I was only....HEY!!!"

(The boys laugh)

Mr. Matthew's: " Well, I think this has been an experience we'll never forget. Right?"

Jenny: " Yup. That's for sure. I will remember to never go in elevator's again. They make me faint.''

Brook: " Well..(She looks at Carrie and her baby) some good came out of it."

Chloe: " Yeah, and I will rememeber to never run into a parking lot without looking first."

Devin: " And I'll remember to never give you a reason to have to go running into a parking lot without looking."

Joey: " Yeah, and I'll remember to never go to the bathroom again in a public place."

(Everyone laughs at Joey's comment. Camera goes up as we:_

FADE TO BLACK.

THE END.
© Copyright 2006 Rosy (typicalteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1192712-Typical-Teens