*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189979-Peace-of-Mind
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #1189979
Moods of the Moments
Time is changing, so many faces, trying to survive the odds, and win the races,
Feet tired from running so long, pain sets me back to an old familiar song,
Eyes all ablaze but it isn't from the smoke, memories have haunted me, got me choked,
Tears falling faster as the images keep clouding my head, waking up from a nightmare,
am I living or dead?

The night pulls me deeper into a silent blanket, surrounded by stars and a full shining moon, and I am reaching, reaching, and finally the night carries me too, I let my hair down and just let the wind take me away, breezy night, stars so bright, and gentle are the waves.

In the back of my mind I am fighting for freedom, I need the will to live on and grace my queendom, yes I am a queen although at times like this I am fragile, my ancestors rooted back and touch me, my mother, the Queen of Nile, frequently I search and find just that one ounce of purity left within me, grasping it with nimble, long fingers I acknowledge my serenity.

I am back now and I open my eyes to a bright sun, but this moment lives forever, and it is just one, tonight I will be back same place and same time, for the night is when I find my peace of mind.
© Copyright 2006 Free Angel (msangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1189979-Peace-of-Mind