*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187295-Death-Came-By
Rated: 18+ · Other · Death · #1187295
This came out of my journal. It might be a little too dark for some people.
The girl ran through the mist looking for something. Anything she could find that would bring up a spark of recognition. Silence is golden. Silence is deadly. She couldn’t breathe. The air was so thick that she had to crawl.
She sat in the dark thinking. Pondering. Time started to slow. She could feel her heartbeat slow as Death drew near. The clock ticked, tocked, ticked, tocked, ticked… and stopped. For a moment she was not alive. She felt her pain drift away into death’s open hands. “Let go” said the whisper.
“Do not let the pain blind you anymore.” She nodded
She didn’t need this. She didn’t have to stay here at all. Because everywhere she went she stumbled. The think fog swallowed up her happiness, her anger. It was relentless. Why should she put up with it any longer?
She was sick of feeling nothing.
She was sick of feeling so confused.
Yes, she can escape.
She went to reach out to Death’s open fingers. One more inch. Almost there. She could almost taste the freedom.
Dong, dong, dong!
The girl gasped. Time had come back to play its cruel joke. It had shown her path to freedom. And now it would take it away. Death looked at the girl as it dissipated in the mist.
The girl desperately tried to grab hold of Death’s cloak.
Too late…
She is left alone yet again with the silence, with the confusion. To be tortured forever in her mind.
© Copyright 2006 laughsmile (ladyreadalot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1187295-Death-Came-By