*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185892-I-hate-you-so-much
by AllenS
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1185892
co-workers get nasty, playground-style
I hate you so much

I told her she could go fuck herself and she stormed off then came back with a litany of complaints against me and threatened to have me fired.

I shrugged it off and went out for a smoke.

I was wearing a new brown suit with a sky blue shirt. It needed cufflinks. My Mom gifted me a pair of flush silver cufflinks and I used them. I wore a pair of beautiful brown shoes with laces tied tight and a pair of delicate socks that frayed when washed but were satisfying to look at and to touch. My hair had been cut the day before.

I was shiny.

She found me outside and yelled some more. She said she’d do everything she could to have me fired. She fumed and ranted. She looked upset.

“You’ll change that attitude. You’ll respect your superiors. You won’t question my decisions. You have absolutely no right and no reason to believe you know what you’re doing.”

She went on and on. I can’t recall what she said.

When she stopped, I leaned toward her, stuck out my tongue and squinched my eyes.

She stuck out her tongue just as I had and similarly squinched her eyes.

Our tongues touched.

It felt nice.

We kissed.

We were quite in love.
© Copyright 2006 AllenS (brsurg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185892-I-hate-you-so-much