*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185819-Thats-What-Ive-Thought
Rated: E · Essay · Relationship · #1185819
Before you came, I thought I'm nothing.
I thought I'm dead. I thought my life is at a halt. I thought I'm done. I thought the sun will never shine on me and my eyes will forever be shut. I thought my blood's frozen and will never reach every part of my system. I thought my lungs withdrew it's function. I thought my brain's dead. I thought I'm lifeless.

I thought I'm a stagnant body of water. I thought I'm a dead tree. I thought I'm a decaying body with maggots all over me. I thought I'm just a piece of shit. I thought I'm just a piece of crumpled paper thrown in a bin. I thought I'm just a cigarette butt thrown and stomped. I thought I'm nothing.

That's before you came. That's before you brought back the color to my monotonous life. That's before you melted the ice that paralyzed my body. That's before you hummed the melody that made me dance. That's before you altered the coldness in me with your warmth. That's before you filled my emptiness. That's before you made me whole and complete.

That's before you gave me what is supposed to be mine. That's before you made me realize my significance. That's before you've shown me my importance. That's before I became me again. That's before you became me. That's before you became my life, my everything, my world. That's before you defined my being.

That's before you loved me.
© Copyright 2006 N. Dizzy (patata_douche at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1185819-Thats-What-Ive-Thought