*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179749-sadie
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Other · Family · #1179749
My cousen. I loved her but now she is gone.
Year: 2004
She was sick as a dog., in the thick, thick fog.As she went to the doctors to see what was wrong.
He said it was nothing, just a stomack flue. Then sent her home. all alone.
A few days later she went again. To get stronger, better medicine. Somingthing was wrong. For the doc knew, a flue would have been better by now with some homemade stew.
She came back home with a grin on her face. Then went to the store for some lynin and lace. For she found out why, she was hurting inside. Something happy funney filled with joy. Maybe a girl, perhaps a boy.
Months went by. She started to cry, The ultra sound showed deformities. she searched and searched in other cities to see if they could be fixed.
The day of birth, July 21 , 2004, born unaturally, sure to show what horrible things could happen on this very earth.
Kendra Linderman was the baby's name.with both of her fore arms missing. Fingers tied, hands off to the side. Hole on top of her mouth.
But yet my baby cousen. Even though with a few things missing. Weighting half the weight that her father was. My sweet, sweet baby cousen.
Before she came home. They put a tube up her noise. The hole on the roof of her mouth connected to the brain. So if she were the drink from a bottle she would have drown in the misery of her dissability.
So when she came homewith the braces on her arms, she was sleeping. Sleeping like a regular baby would sleep.

Months went on and on. The baby was sick. The tube to her stomach was too samll. She was allways hungrey. The choices were to ether let her die from a starving cry. Or place a bigger tube to replace the old. She still had a chance to die. But the docter could not lie, of course it would be a lot better.
The day of the surgery, I was in school. and oh how I seen how the hours just flew.
When I got home, I herd the worst of news. During the surgery, sweet Kendra's heart stoped. three minutes later they got it back.
We rushed to the hospital the very next day. My poor baby cousen was on many machines. Breathing only once a half minute on her own. She had one brain cell working and that one alone.
My mom could not take it, so we left so soon. The next thing I heared, they let her go.
But now I know, how to let things go. I need to go, to take a rest.
IN MEMERY OF KENDRA LINDERMAN:
JULY 21,2004-JANUARY 20, 2005
one day before first half birth day, We will
always love her.
© Copyright 2006 smily_chick (smily_chick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179749-sadie