*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179335-Chapter-two
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1179335
Ok...I think its seriously crappy...but...idk.
Chapter two
Colin Lancaster POV


Colin Lancaster! My eyes shot open to nothing but the sound of the beating rain again.

I sat up and looked to my left where I saw my room mates breathing softly. For once, had my training done me good, I thought.

I got up and quickly dressed into the clothes I had gotten at one of those stores most say were good.

It was a black T-shirt and a pair of long black sweatpants.
It’s a Sunday, I thought. So that means I will be going on one of those monthly trips with the rest of them.

Grudgingly I made my way downstairs where I saw Lissa, whom I had met on my first day.

She was eating a plate of fried eggs, Pancakes, bacon, with a glass of what looked to be tea.

“What a load to be eating for some who is so skinny,” I say.

She quickly looked up, this was the second time she had responded to me like this.
Always unaware, yet on her guard fierce fully at the same time.

“Excuse me? Or as they say in England, Pardon?” She replied coldly, obviously not in her full waking mode.

“Look, I’m not that kind of person, Ok?” I say giving out a small chuckle, noticing how people have changed over the years.

“Then what kind of person are you?” She said calmly, yet her voice was like ice.
As Always.

“The kind that wouldn’t let stereo- typing come first in any situation,” I said just as calmly.

“Well… maybe I just want to eat my breakfast peacefully,” She said walking over to the 12 feet long sink with her surprisingly empty plate.

This got me thinking, so that’s why she is up 5:30 in the morning. To eat! I
swallowed the want to burst out laughing, but like a sin, the smile broke out.

Passing me on her way out she asked, “What’s so funny?”

“Nothing,” I said quickly putting a forkful of fried eggs in my mouth.

“I spiked your juice,” She said staring at my nearly empty cup.
Suddenly my stomach was feeling weird.

“I just thought it was funny that you would get up so early just to eat the whole fridge’s contents!” I blurted out.

“Oh, Ok. I wont be around till Monday afternoon so I wont be going to that dumb trip this afternoon,” she said distantly.

“Yeah, sure. Whatever,” I mumbled and groaned.

“Oh and for your stomach,” she handed me a funny looking pill. It actually looked more like poison, but I quickly ate it, since my stomach felt as if I was pregnant. Please not be pregnant, I prayed silently.

Suddenly the pain went away, and when I looked up she was gone.

Heading over to the sink, the doors opened to a burst of kids coming in for their breakfast. Sighing, I went out the Fire escape and began climbing.

Climbing into the window I knew was mine, I heard people underneath shouting.
I ignored them and shut the window. Just then the door flew open and the pain in the ass of a headmistress came in.

“Is everything ok? Downstairs there were shouting about a robber climbing in here.” Then she narrowed her eyes at me as if I was a very wanted man.

Yet I was, in my old school at least. Now I have a new home filled with two hundred and two people and a new school a thousand miles from home.

“I ain’t no robber, maám. I’m the new boy, Tom?” I said in an accent I’ve been practicing. I was testing if she really was the old hag she seems to be.

“Oh, well you be sure of yourself, Tom” She said shaking her head, she turned to the door.

“The name’s Collin! You old hag!” I shouted when she closed the door, knowing she wouldn’t have heard.

Looking at the clock, I saw it was only nine a.m.

I glanced at the door, then at my skateboard, then at my guitar, then to the window.
I quickly grabbed my guitar; we’re leaving at eleven, anyways. I opened the window, slid out and climbed till I reached the top.

Sitting on the edge of the roof, I began to strum.
I began to strum, then hum, then sing.

“Falling through darkness, your love gave me light. Singing my old love songs, till day became night. How I wish that you were here, right beside me. Singing like a nightingale, singing with me.”


*Lancaster!* there it was, the tingling feeling as if someone was watching your every move.

I stop and look anxiously around. He couldn’t be here. No, not here in America. He is afraid of water. Yes, it was just my imagination, I think.

Taking deep breaths I go back down to get ready to go.
© Copyright 2006 ThornsOfPain (mysurrealtears at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1179335-Chapter-two