*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162255-Mage-Introduction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1162255
Travel with Athril on his many adventures to find out his true destiny...
Mage Introduction

“Long ago, there was a tranquil time on this land of Alevatrix. The kingdom’s new king was loved and wise. However one day a prophet entered his majesties court and warned him.

“This time of peace will not last eternity. Darkness will soon come across thy land and there will be nothing to stop it! Heed my call and run over ye seas and seek help there.” The prophet had said.

However, the king, living in only peace, knew nothing of the horrid battle about to take place. Instead he was confident of his people and would never run from his home. “Darkness? There is too much light in this land my wise friend. Rest assured everything will be alright.”

“Then I shall go myself to ask for help.” With that the prophet waddled away slowly. The last noise of peace anyone in the kingdom heard was the prophet’s cane clacking on the cobble stone road as he went to the harbor. “I could have saved mankind.” He whispered to himself. “I will leave one to help them see the true light.” The prophet then went to an old shack in the mountains far from the city. Inside was a woman who was killed by the birth of her baby. The father was nowhere in sight. The prophet walked over to the crying baby and touched his forehead. The room fell silent and the prophet disappeared from the earth right in front of the baby. But before he left he blessed the child with pure light. Years passed and the kingdom remained in peace and the rumors of the prophet died away. The baby however lived on a life by himself and grew up to become a powerful mage. He lived in hiding however, because he was afraid that the people would kill him in fear of his power.

Then one day a storm came with a thunderous cry of war! Millions of black-cloaked figures stormed into the kingdom destroying everything in their path. The king quickly sends knights to defend the cities, but they were overwhelmed by the power of magic. Yes the cloaked figures were mages like the boy. Very quickly the kingdom was overrun. The king and the remainder of his knights ran to the mountains to hide and found the boy fending off 10 of the mages. They watched in total horror as the battle of magic was fought. After about a minuet or two the boy stood there panting.

“You can come out now my lord.” The boy said without glancing back. “You should have listened to the prophet.” With that the boy ran down towards the kingdom. It might have been their minds playing tricks on them but the boy seemed to glow of light. Then suddenly from behind an army of Knights came out to follow the boy. The king looked and identified them as the Torac. Elite knights that were trained for the times of need. How had the boy found them? The king then ordered the rest of his knights to aid the battle. He too, would help get his home back.

The battle was a big one, many were killed but in the end the mages were destroyed. The boy and the king with a few other of the surviving knights stood alone in a field of bodies. The boy looked down at the Dark mage that he had fought through the whole battle with.

“This must be their leader.” He paused “He was strong. I had to use all of my life force to defeat him.”

The king looked at him puzzled. Then was blinded by a flash of light from the boy. He looked to see that he was now a man about the age of the king himself.

“I will travel across the seas to tell the prophet that it is over. We have won.” With that the boy stepped onto the sea and started walking on the water towards the west. Where he will find his knew destiny of immortality.

Even now we look at him as a hero, the mage of light! The mage that saved us from the shadows of the majestic war.” There was a pause and all of the children around Garren, the storyteller, were silent. “Now it is late you must go back and sleep.” Garren said as a goodbye. The other kids groaned and whined for more. But Athril got up and started walking. He was satisfied, that was the story that he liked the most.

He is a 12-year-old boy that has lived a life of a normal boy in his small town of Kilton. His father was a black smith and he never knew his mother. According to his father she disappeared after he was born. He knew a lot for his age, hunting, sword fighting, smithing, but he did not know that his future will be even greater than the life of the boy in the tale he just heard…
© Copyright 2006 Moon Watcher (fireheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1162255-Mage-Introduction