*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153695-The-Tainted-Soul
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1153695
About a young lady in a midwestern town who had a soul that was evil.
This beautiful young lady had much heartache to overcome. The hurt she had to encounter came from a mother that was alcoholic, as well as uncaring father.
In July, the wind was warm and brought a gentle breeze that blew around her long legs. As she stared into the horizon,the sky was staring to darken as a storm was brewing.Like the storm that was in side her heart.She saw a shadow of what appeared to be a tall man with wavy hair. As he drew closer, she realized that she knew him. A shorter, pudgy man, who came out of nowhere and had a smirky grin, accompanied him. With each step, they drew closer. Her heart pounded as they handed her a piece of paper that had a phone number scribbled on it. She dialed the number. A man’ssoft spoken voice answered. She begged him to come over as quickly as he could. The look in her eyes would send cold chills down your spine. The doorbell rang, which sent everyone scurrying to their feet. Her heart pounded as they began issuing orders for her to leave. She glanced over at the child as she fled the house, hoping she might be rid of the burden this small child had caused. The young man came inside as he promised her, only to find she had left. His eyes caught the glare of the small handgun. He knew immediately it was a setup. He could not believe she trusted the ruthless men with what he thought was her prize possession. With the likes of these drug dealers, who were capable of anything. You see, these men had been trying to get him to come to the dark side of drugs with the promise of lots of money and wild sex. He told them he was going to the police. They raised the gun as they struggled with them. They ended up outside as the sky grew gray. A shot was fired and the life of the young man was gone, and he landed lifeless on the ground. As the two men fled from the scene, the sirens sounded in the distance. As they grabbed the phone to call her, the sirens grew closer. So, they had to come up with a plan and quick. Teresa came around the bend in the road to see the young man lying lifeless on the ground. She turned and her heart stopped as they brought the little girl out. For one brief second, she thought. “It’s over--I am free!” When the cops started asking who the mother was, all eyes turned to her. She slowly rose to her feet from where she had been kneeling next to the man. Tears streamed down her face because she had helped a kind man to become brutally murdered. She walked slowly and thought her daughter was also gone. All eyes were on her as they handed her the small bundle of joy. Her heart sank as she heard the child cry. In her mind, she was thinking. “You are lucky this time, my child, but there will be another time when you will not as lucky. A reporter came. She feigned the look of a concerned mother and pretended she had been shopping and that she had left her child to be cared for by the young man. While in reality, her soul was in the shadows and waiting for the scenes all to play out. She got a rush from the danger. As day began to fade to darkness, she sat in a corner of the room trying to plot her next plan. The sound was almost deafening as the phone rang from concerned friends and family members. The call from her mother was one of rage, scolding her for leaving the little girl with the” likes of them.” “Tam-the-sham, have you no brains?” burned in her brain over and over as her mother taunted her with everything she had ever done wrong in her mother’s eyes. Then the one call came that she was waiting for--it was like music to her ears. Her heart pounded as she listened to the male voice on the end. We need a plan, as I know I’ll be gone in a matter of time. Her heart and head raced as he told her he would spend the rest of his life remembering her touch and feel. They swore that when this was over, they would be together again. Through the years they kept in touch and yearned for the day when his sentence would be over. This was just the beginning of the many lies she told. As a spider weaved its web, so did she. The day came when she married a caring man who loved her and the little girl with all of his heart. This man could not see how evil she was--how her soul ached for her lover or that he was just a stepping stone for her to get what she wanted. As she sat watching TV, the doorbell rang. A caseworker came in. The words rang in her ears, “We need to take her so she can become a better person.” While she put on a front in her soul, she was rejoicing at finally being free of the child. She now would free to live her life!***
© Copyright 2006 mwade38 (mwade38 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1153695-The-Tainted-Soul