*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151094-Couple
Rated: · Other · Other · #1151094
I wrote this because of a couple I have been watching for a year.
It has been one year since I have seen this faithful couple. They haven't changed from the year before; their dogs are many, and their hair is gray. Leashes are tangled and they are smiling. All year I would watch them and wonder about their lives. I wonder what it must feel like to be with one for years. Or maybe they are each widowed and find comfort in their daily walks, between 12:00 and 1:00. Maybe they met when they were young, and fell in love. They were betrothed and then married. Owning a small grocery store brought them to Wyoming, and the undeveloped Sheridan. They purchased their first house after living in an apartment. Soon after that a child joined them. Maybe they slruggeled at night with finances, and the baby kept them weary. He went to work from daylight to sunset, and she worried about the lines growing around his eyes. He would watch her by the fire, reading the children a Bible story, and he would wonder at the years. The kids left, and scattered around America. Ellie even went to Rome. The house grew quite, and so did the hearts. Dogs filled in the void, and then he was reccommened to walk by his doctor. She would never deny him anything after the years, so she joined him in the afternoons. The dogs grew to love the walk around the college, the mountains in clear view. Even the winters were enjoyable when each dog recieved a booty, and a coat.I sit here and watch them, happily holding the leash for a dog or two. Someday I hope that I can be faithful as this couple has been. Someday I will be, happily content with the mountains, and the man beside me. Someday.
© Copyright 2006 Rosebud (rosebud18 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1151094-Couple