*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148700-Death-of-a-lilt
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1148700
A flash fiction of 300 words written for the contest.
Jane, an eighteen year old girl used to live happily in a hilly area with her parents and a younger brother. She was thin and short. She had a round face, black hair and small eyes sparkling with hope. She had an ambition of becoming a singer. In summers she always used to travel with her family but this year she refused to go in order to attend music classes.

In the beginning of July, her family went for traveling and she was left alone in the house. One night after the dinner, she started practicing her songs. She composed many tunes and sang till midnight. When she began to sing her best song she heard the howling of a wolf. She became scared but she comforted herself by considering it an illusion. As soon as she resumed singing she again heard the howling. As she was frightened, she switched off the light and went to bed. She closed her eyes tightly but was unable to sleep due to the fear. Suddenly she heard a knock at the door. She was so horror-stricken that she couldn’t walk up to check who was outside. The knock was heard again. Mustering courage, she stood up and opened the door. There was a tall black man in rags all covered in blood. She tried to close the door but he pushed her inside and entered the room. Jane started quivering. Sweat was dripping from her face. The man grabbed her head and asked her to sing a song. His harsh voice almost petrified her. He again asked her to sing for him but she was unable to utter a word. He put his big hand over her face and choked her to death. The rhythmic voice of Jane was perished forever.

300 words
© Copyright 2006 ferheen (ferheen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1148700-Death-of-a-lilt