*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147799-911
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1147799
Lisa is a reporter talking to Diem about how her fiance died on 9/11.
9/11 isn't too far away so I decided to write a story about it. I was 8 years old when this happened so, I didn't understand the impact 9/11 had on this country until recently. It made me think about the people that lost someone that day. And I chose to write a fictional story about maybe what could've happened before it all came together. God bless everyone that lost a loved one that day and I hope whomever reads this enjoys it. *by the way this story is based 7 months after it happened*

I Don't Like Talking About It

Diem lays her book beside her, gets off the couch holding her bulging belly as she walks towards the door. She opens it and sees a curly red-headed woman at her door.
"Yes...can I help you?" she said a little confused. "Hi, I'm Lisa Kramer. I work for the New York Times." she said holding her hand out. Diem reluctantly shook her hand. "What can I help you with Ms. Kramer?" she said wishing she didn't sound so rude. "Call me Lisa. Actually I wanted to ask you...was your fiance's name Adrian VanAdams?" she said looking at her in her eye. "Yes he was," she said crossing her arms and leaning against the door. "And you're here to ask me about how he died...you might as well walk away."

Diem grabbed the door and was about to shut it but Lisa put her hand in front of it. "I lost my husband and my daughter on that flight. I know it's hard, it's still hard but the more I hear peoples stories and understand that I'm not the only one. I feel a since of me healing and hundreds of thousands of people okay? Please...only ten minutes of your time." she said with a stern look. "Okay....ten minutes. Come in." Diem held her hand out and led her to her living room.

"You want something to drink?" Diem said walking to the kitchen rubbing her stomach. "Ice tea would be nice." she said getting her equipment set up. Diem came back into the room and sat the drink next to Lisa. Then sat back down on the couch. "Just to let you know, ma'am," Diem interuppted. "Call me Diem. I'm only 30." she said with a smile. "Okay, Diem....so before we start are you okay with being recorded on camera as you speak?" Lisa said looking at the camera. "Yeah, that's cool." she said putting her hair in a ponytail. "Okay, here we go," she pushed the button on the camera that said record and looked up at Diem.

"So it's been almost 7 months, since 9/11 happened, and how are you now?" Lisa asked. "I don't like talking about this." she said getting a bit teary eyed. "Just go with it." Lisa said in a persuasivly but in a encouraging way. "I go day by day," she held her head down and then looked up. "I just try to tell myself that, I was lucky to have him in my life for nine and a half years. I miss him so much." she said wiping the tear that was on the edge of her eye. "So do you want to go on?" Lisa asked tilting her head. Diem shook her head yes.
© Copyright 2006 Dudette (skateboardchic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1147799-911