*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146963-Dont-Ever-Forget-Me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1146963
Downtown Chicago, Love and loss
I had just gotten my letter in the mail that told me my spot for the 2 week art studio had been reserved. It would be held at an art college downtown, and i was excited about getting some instruction and direction before starting there later that year.

"Maybe I'll meet her..." I said out loud to myself as I walked down the stairs the first morning. I got on the train, put Led Zeppelin in my headphones, and sat back to relax.

I took a second and looked around. I noticed that I was very out of place, as I was wearing a tie-dyed Jimi Hendrix Experience shirt while everyone else on the train had their business suits on and had no emotion on their faces. To me, 'It's too early' is no excuse to be unpleasant.

The walk to the school was just as unpleasant and depressing. EVERYONE was in such a rush to get to the job they hate, and show a more angry expression on their face as they rush down the street like sheep.


Up the elevators, a smile caught my eye from the person next to me.

"Hi, I'm Beth" I heard an angel say.

"Hi..." I said as I turned her way. "I'm Ry-Ryan..." I got caught up in her eyes, and started tripping all over my words.
© Copyright 2006 MilleniumParkRocker (marleyartist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1146963-Dont-Ever-Forget-Me