*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143537-SMALL-Problems
Rated: · Other · Other · #1143537
Funny story with fantasy and magic!
The rain dripped silently down the class-room window as Ms Biggs, the Science teacher, droned on about igneous rocks...
"And these fascinating things are formed in magma....."
Felicity Small, whose surname suited her well sighed as she looked outside to the wet playground. She was a miniature girl, pale but pretty with yellow eyes and light brown wavy hair.
She turned back to Mrs Biggs who was still continuing with her boring speech.
"As we all know, there are three types of rocks...."
Felicity rolled her eyes and looked out the window again. She noticed something dart pass the window and she sat up. Something in purple had just zoomed past the class-room window...and it didn't seem human.

Being a curious girl, she intended to find out what it was. Well, what would be worse? Being eaten by a bright purple monster or suffering another one of Mrs Bigg's rock explanations? Felicity knew the answer.
"Ah, Mrs Biggs?", she piped up.
"What?", snarled the plump woman. "What could be so important that you have to interrupt my lab talk?"
I'f Mrs Biggs believed that it was a "lab talk", she was very much mistaken', thought Felicity.
"Ah...I just need to go and see the nurse, I feel a little sick"
The teacher frowned but let her leave.

Felicity ran outside to the playground and looked around. Her eye caught something hiding in the bushes. Gulping, she went over to it. What looked to be a little purple fluff-ball jumped out of the bush to land at her feet.
"Aaah!", she screamed in fright.
"Ssshhh!", hissed the creature with legs and arms.
"Don't wake the neighbourhood!"
Felicity gasped and stood there silent, amazed that this thing could talk...and was actually telling her off.
"Felicity Small?", it questioned.
She nodded, surprised that it knew her name.
"I knew you'd come", it said, turning away. It cleared it's throat, pulled a letter out of it's thick bed of purple fur and said in what was meant to be an i-am-important voice,
"Felicity Small of town Syd-a-ney, has been required at the kingdom of Newt, ruled by his worshipfulness Lord Bartholomew Nathaniel Abbernaut-so on and so on, to provide a witness report of the death of Hynx Lipkin, a Newt citizen."
The tiny thing looked up at her, yawning.
Felicity's mouth was wide open and she quickly shut it.
'I, I...", she stuttered.
"No, you must have me confused with somebody else, I never witnessed some-body's death....and where's Newt? And who's Lord Whats-his-name?"
The creature sighed and replied,
"Newt is another world, and Lord Bartholomew is the king! And I know you didn't see that citizen's death, we're called Pinky's by the way, but every year, they take a human to study human's progress....basically, the report thing is just to make it look professional"
Felicity eye's widened.
"And...um...I'm that human, I suppose?"
It nodded.
"Nothing to worry about, a simple process, you won't get hurt...really, you won't(it noticed the look on Felicity's face)...we'll get you back here by three this afternoon so you can go and catch your bus"
"How do you know I catch the bus?"
"You'd be surprise what we know about you"
She shuddered, trying to rid the horrible thoughts in her mind...

to be continued...

*
"Well don't look so disappointed, Small!", shouted the Pinky. "This is a great oppurtunity, see!"
Felicity obviously didn't share the same feelings, because she was now sweating.
"But what will happen to me?", she questioned.
The Pinky waved his hand and answered,
"Nothin' bad...you'll just have to make up a report about Hynx Lipkin's death, it's not difficult, you're just trying to make out you were a witness of his murder...."
"But that's lying, I never saw this Hynx Lippikin, or whatever his name is, get murdered!"
To her great surprise, the Pinky slapped one of it's tiny hands to his head.
"Of course you didn't! That's not the point! Look, will you just come with me now?" It seemed very frustrated.

Felicity looked around, but saw no-one.
"I....alright...but this better be quick! My teacher thinks I'm in sick-bay!"
"It's a wonder she can think...for one, your teacher doesn't know half the things about rocks!", the Pinky replied. How he knew this, Felicity did not ask. She was already scared out of her wits and was starting to think that maybe staying in class would've been the wiser decision.
"So, how do we get to this...Newt place?", she asked.
"Grab my hand", was all the Pinky said. So, she took his hand reluctantly. The Pinky stamped his foot on the ground, shouted, "Newt High Court!", and the strangest thing happened...the ground seemed to drop, there was a very forceful sucking, which made Felicity retch and clutch her stomach...and the next moment, there was a great thud as they hit ground. She was really dizzy and confused and tried to see ahead of her. She was woken instantly when she noticed she was in a large room with heaps and heaps of Pinky's! What a very odd sight it was!
© Copyright 2006 youngJKrowling (youngjkrowling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143537-SMALL-Problems