*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143056-Journal
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #1143056
This is about what could have happened on a typical day in the life of a nurse.
Have you ever had one of those days? I mean, have you had a day when everything went wrong no matter what you did? Today was one of those day for a nurse friend I work with.

The minute Sheila entered the ward we work on, she was a clutz from the word go. It didn't help that the first incident was in front of the head doctor who just happened to be picking up charts. Thinking back at it, I wonder if her walking right into the doctor as he turned to walk around the corner of the unit desk was deliberate as she hesitated a bit a first. It is a known fact Sheila has a crush on the main doctor, and who can blame her? He is a hunk from the heavens sent down by the head God himself. Oh well, the incident wouldn't have been too bad if Sheila had just kept her cool instead of ranting about being sorry and then causing the doctor to drop the charts he had picked up, spilling papers on patients all over the floor.

This was quickly followed when a call from a patient came in and Sheila had to take this patient a bedpan since she was unable to get out of bed. Sheila had went back to remove the bedpan and all went well until the patient moved, spilling the contents all over the bed, herself and poor Sheila. Needless to say, Sheila had to go to the locker room and change after a quick shower before returning to the floor.

Sitting down to lunch was an adventure in itself. Picking up her food tray she headed towards the table at the end of the cafeteria, only to run smack dab into the doctor again, this time spilling her lunch all over him. It is a good thing this doctor has a good sense of humor, much better than most. He just wiped the food off, helped Sheila pick up the mess on the floor, and proceeded to ask her out to dinner that night.

What happened next is anyones guess.
© Copyright 2006 Lt. Tr'Vor Surek (tamarabruce at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1143056-Journal