*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142266-2-Page-Synopsis---No-Finish-Line
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1142266
This is the 2 page shortened version of "No Finish Line"
Synopsis – No Finish Line
         Alex Foreman completes his first win in an Ironman triathlon event, beating out Victor Reid, a long time friend and competitor. At the awards banquet following the race, Alex announces his retirement from the sport because his wife Kara is expecting their first child and they have agreed that he should pursue other career goals. After the banquet, while at a cocktail reception, Alex is approached by a strange man who offers him an invitation to an exclusive event – a triathlon with no finish line. Each competitor must keep moving on until they physically can’t go any farther. The prize for the winner of the event is ten million dollars. When Kara finds out about this new race they get into a fight because Alex had promised there would be no more races. After a week of arguing, Kara finally gives in – realizing that if Alex did not do this race he would always regret it.
         When he gets to the race, which is held on a private island by an unknown host he runs into Victor who has also been invited to compete. As they gather in the hall, each athlete is given a special watch for the event to track their progress. When they put on their watches they are suddenly surrounded by an army of soldiers. They are then told that as an incentive to do their best, when they drop out of the race they will be shot and killed. The watches contain GPS devices so they will always know where they are, as well as a small amount of explosives in case they try to escape.
         Alex and Victor immediately get together with other athletes to work on an escape plan, but are not able to come up with anything viable. Alex is able to get a short message to Kara explaining the situation, but has no idea whether she will take it seriously. As the race progresses, Alex is exposed to different aspects that make the race more deadly, from sharks, to deadly bike crashes, to athletes deliberately hindering others. He and Victor work together to keep moving during each part of the race, and are even able to figure out some ingenious ways to get some rest.
         During this time, Kara has received the message and does believe it. At first, she has trouble getting someone to listen to her, but is finally able to get the help of SPECIAL AGENT SYKES of the FBI. Using the FBIs many resources they are able to track down the island that the race is being held on. Kara and agent Sykes soon find themselves en route to the island to rescue her husband.
         As the race enters the final stage, Victor finds that he can not go on any longer. He and Alex make a pact to help each others families out, and then he drops to his knees and is eliminated from the race. Alex continues on, and though struggling to keep moving ends up winning the race. After his win he is brought to a celebration banquet in his honor.
         Meanwhile, agent Sykes and a team of marines arrive at the island and surround the hotel. Following satellite photography, they find the room where they believe the banquet is being held and rush in, only to find an empty hall.
         A hundred miles away, on another island, Alex Foreman is shot and killed because the host of the race can not allow him to live now that he has seen his face.
         On an aircraft carrier in the Pacific Ocean, Kara suddenly gets a feeling in the pit of her stomach and she knows that her husband is not coming home.
© Copyright 2006 Spongey437 (spongey437 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1142266-2-Page-Synopsis---No-Finish-Line