*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125826-Triwiccan-Wars-Part-II
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1125826
3 kids, 6 powers and their quest to save the world continues!
Chapter 7

A strong smell of wood polish filled their nostrils as their feet hit a stone ground. As they opened their eyes a brilliant purple light shone down on them making the recoil like vampires in moonlight. Suddenly a cool female voice chimed, ‘Welcome to Triwiccan Headquarters. Please state you’re name and level of Triwiccan silk.’ A small microphone appeared above their heads, Sam and Ella both backed away nervously as Cedar took a step forward. ‘Er, hi, we’re here to see Lily Maison please’ said cedar visibly shaking. ‘Certainly, may I take your names.’ rang the voice again. ‘S-sure, Cedar, Ella and Sam Matrio.’ Cedar stammered. ‘Oh my god are you really’ squealed the female voice. ‘I’ll go get her right now, wait here.’ and with a load screech from the microphone she was gone. ‘Well that was weird’ said Sam in a voice much higher than his own. The sound of pattering feet told them that the woman had returned. ‘Wicked, it really is you!’ said a girl’s voice. Out of the shadows stepped a slim girl. She wore tight black jeans and a pretty pink top but her most striking feature was her hair. She wore it in a high ponytail but the length of it was still astonishing. From her head curly blonde ringlets ran down her back past her bum and down to the middle of her calves. ‘Wow. Your hair is gorgeous’ exclaimed Ella. ‘Thanks’ she said smiling ‘ you must be Ella. My names Lily Maison, come on lets take you to your rooms, its not safe for you to be out here.’ They followed her as she started to walk forwards and came to a huge mahogany door and said ‘Hvergelmer’ and the door immediately opened. On seeing their puzzled faces she added ‘ In Scandinavian mythology, a magical cauldron called Hvergelmer lies deep in the Scandinavian version of the underworld, a frozen land of everlasting night known as Niflheim. Since one of our students has decorated the entrance chamber we thought it only appropriate to have a password that fell in line with her Pyrokinesis and Cryokiniesis powers.’
As they entered the next room an incredible sight meet their eyes. On either side of them 60ft walls of ice and fire hung down on them. Above their heads little fires circled one and other spinning magically suspended in the air. Just in front of them was an ice sculpture. The awe of the room was interrupted when Sam asked ‘Why does the ice not melt when it’s next to the fire?’ Lily smiled mischievously ‘these ice and fire boundaries can only be shattered. Besides, what good would these powers be if they could not be used in synchronicity.’ She pointed to a narrow corridor and they carried on. ‘We best get you to your rooms. It’s not safe for such strong aphinsers to be out for the world to see.’
As they walked down the corridor of oak panelling they saw a series of doors, one was slightly open and Ella peaked inside. The room was almost pitch black, like the dead of night, but in the middle hung a strange light it wasn’t hanging from the ceiling because there didn’t appear to be one but the glow it gave off entranced Ella. In the light she could see fairies dancing in circles around what looked like small campfires of the eerie glow, and there sat in the centre was a boy gently swaying to the rhythm of what seemed to be the ocean. His blond hair gently flicked from side to side as he moved and his eyes seemed to be silver. I know him thought Ella, then it clicked, oh my god ‘Merrick its you!’ She said. Ella had known Merrick when she was a little kid, but his parents had been killed in a house fire too, and he and his sister had left, where she was now god only knows. Suddenly he became all confused and dazed and quickly got up from where he was sat, he glanced towards the door and saw Ella and smiled.
… ‘Ella…Ella…ELLA!’ She turned and found Lily staring straight into her eyes ‘your rooms are this way.’ She said pointing up a spiral staircase. As Ella continued to stare into Lily’s eyes she could see flames burning fields, witches screaming at the stake, Ella could almost feel the heat from her gaze and she some how knew that Lily would show her worst things if she pushed her too far. ‘This way’ said Lily as she walked toward the stairs ‘and don’t hang around.’
As they reached the top of the stairs they saw a door. ‘ This is your living space, I think you’ll find everything you’ll need,’ she turned to Ella ‘ I picked out some clothes for you to wear whilst you’re here, breakfast is at 9’00am on a passage just off the entrance hall, you’ll find it on the map, goodnight’ and with a flick of her hair she was heading down the stairs.

Chapter 8

Cedar pushed open the door and was shocked at what he saw. He had just stepped into a peach room with two cream sofas and plasma to on the wall. ‘Wow.’ He said with an audible gasp. ‘This is so cool.’ shrieked Ella as she jumped down onto the couch, ‘and so comfy’ she added leaning back and resting her head against the padded arm. Sticking out her palm she thought ‘three diet cola’s’ and blew and seconds later a try with three full glasses of diet cola appeared. Sam quickly took one of the tray, as did Cedar and they sat sipping them in silence. ‘Your welcome’ she said sarcastically. ‘Anytime’ said cedar smirking. ‘Table’ thought Cedar blowing across his palm and there soon appeared a small glass coffee table, on which they sat their drinks down. After looking around their apartment for a bit Ella scooped up the map that was on the kitchen side and said I'm going to go out exploring for a bit I’ll be back soon she as she closed the door behind her.
I could swear I’ve walked down here before, Ella thought as she walked through a door into a corridor that looked familiar. ‘If your trying to find Merrick’s room, then you need to turn right at the end of this corridor’ said a voice from above her. And sure enough as she looked up, a girl with honey coloured hair and eyes as blue as the ocean gently floated down smiling. ‘ Or I could show you.’ she landed on her feet and extended a hand ‘Willow Albeck’ Ella obliged ‘Ella Matrio’ she said smiling, and shaking her hand. ‘It’s this way,’ Willow said as she walked forward. Ella followed her and after turning right at the end of the corridor she found what she was looking for. She stopped in front of the door unsure of whether or not to knock. ‘I’ll leave you two alone, if you need me, just look up.’ giggled Willow and she skipped off back down the corridor. Here goes nothing Ella thought and she knocked on the door.
***
The sound of footsteps brought a mixture of feelings into Ella’s body; did she really want to see Merrick again after all these years? she was also glad he was there and that she hadn’t got lost for nothing. ’Who is it’ said a smooth voice. ‘Ella Matrio’ she said not sure why her throat was so tight. The door creaked open ‘ Merrick’ she said quietly ‘Hi Ella’ he said staring into her eyes. Suddenly images of Ella’s childhood flashed in front of her, a five year old Merrick and her playing in her garden, a seven year old Merrick and a younger her sitting by the roadside eating ice creams, a ten year old Merrick walking away. ‘You came here’ Merrick shut the door behind her. ‘Apparently’ he said offering her a seat. She sat down in one swift motion feeling the anger building up inside her she asked threw gritted teeth ‘why did you leave?’ He smiled sitting down beside her ‘ I can’t tell you.’ He looked at her. She had changed a lot, she seemed taller then he remembered but thinner to and her hair had gotten blonder, but one thing that hadn’t changed was; her violet eyes they were still just as pretty, and he noticed they were filling up with tears, but Ella never cries he thought, at least she never used too. Ella asked again ‘why did you leave?’ as she waited she felt tears welling up in her eyes, no she thought I am not going to cry. ‘Ella I wanted to stay, really I did but I couldn’t ok’ Merrick said uneasily. ‘ Can I just ask you one thing?’ Merrick nodded, ‘Did you leave…because of …of me?’ she was really fighting to keep back the tears now. ’ We had that argument, and you said you hated me and that you never wanted to see me again and when I went round you house the next morning you were gone.’ That’s right Ella open the freaking floodgates get his leather sofa wet. ’Oh Ella…have you really thought all this time that it was your fault that I had left’ he paused handing her a tissue ‘no, I had to leave because it wasn’t safe there for me and my sister any more, I couldn’t put her life in danger.’ She looked up at him tears tumbling down her cheeks. ‘I’m sorry you thought it was you all this time, I really am, I didn’t mean to leave after the argument, I just had to Ella’ tears were sparkling in his eyes too ‘do you understand…I’m so sorry Ella I never meant to hurt you’ He was gently stroking her cheek, like he used to whenever Ella had hurt herself when they were little. He had such a strong urge to just pick her up and kiss her tears away, but chivalry and male ego were not quite dead so he resisted. She rested her head against his shoulder and relaxed, she was safe now, he rocked her against his chest gently and suddenly before she knew it, she had fallen fast asleep.

Chapter 9

‘Don’t tell me’ said Sam the next morning ‘you sat up most of the night waiting for Ella…no wait, you went looking for Ella and didn’t find her, so you came back here, drank, from the looks of it about 5 cups of coffee getting worried sick, while Ella’s probably sleeping with some guy she spotted yesterday. Am I right, come on, you know I am.’ Said Sam grinning as he sat down next to Cedar on the sofa. Cedar yawned, Sam was right, he had been up all night waiting for Ella to get back and Sam was probably also right about Ella sleeping with some guy, and he didn’t like the idea of that. Over and over ’Ella the Slut’ had been flashing through his mind like the lights in Las Vegas. My sister the floozy, well I ain’t bloody standing for that! He thought. ‘Lets just say that when dear sweet and virtuous Elliana gets here, she isn’t going to be greeted with open arms’ said Cedar biting his nails. ‘Oooh…you really are angry, the last time you called her Elliana was when she through your game boy out the window, and even then she tried to knock your block off.’ said Sam punching thin air. And at that moment the door creaked open, and closed very quietly as if trying to disturb no-one.’ Well hello, Elliana, fancy seeing you here.’ said Cedar coldly as she faced him. ’Somebody’s in trouble,’ chanted Sam pointing. ‘Oh…piss off Sam’ Ella said glaring at him. ‘Okay, don’t stress take a…’Sam started but he was interrupted by Cedar. ‘ Sam could you give us a minute while I talk to our dear sister Ella.’ Sam could tell from his brothers cool voice that he meant business, he only stayed calm if he was really, really mad. He quickly got up and headed for the door, ’I’ll be back in 10 minutes, if you guys aren’t done by then, I’ll meet you in the breakfast hall, ok?’ Cedar and Ella both nodded eyes glaring at one and other, which Sam took as his que to leave. The door clicked and Cedar blew up. ‘ What the hell do you think your playing at! You cant just disappear like that, where the hell where you?’ He could feel the heat burning up in his cheeks. ‘ I told you I was going exploring’ protested Ella ‘Not for the whole night you didn’t!’ shouted Cedar ‘ And what do you think your playing at calling me Elliana, you know I hate that name. The only person who could ever call me that was…’she stopped, she had been about to say ‘Mum’ but she knew that would really upset him, she bit her tongue. ‘Did you not listen to a word that Lily said yesterday? Its not safe for us to be out and about!’ Cedar fumed. ‘ I was inside the building’ cried Ella. ‘You need to learn to be more responsible. Who’s bed were you sleeping in this time? Huh!’ he said chucking his coke glass onto the stone floor, it smashed and Ella quickly drew her legs up onto the seat, she had never seen Cedar so mad. ‘What’s all this crap’ you should be more responsible! And I wasn’t sleeping in anyone’s bed, what’s that supposed to mean! Stop trying to be Dad Cedar, because you’re just not him.’ She screamed, tears pouring down her face. She slipped off of the sofa and onto the floor when she screamed, as Cedar looked down, he could see that she had just put her hand, straight into the broken glass on the floor. ‘ Oh Ella you’re a slut and an idiot!’ he shouted, he had had enough, without even a backwards glance at his sister, he turned around and stormed straight out the door. Ella lay there curled up in a ball; cradling her bloody hand, oh help, she thought, I need to go find someone who can get me to the hospital.
‘Merrick.’ she said banging her good fist against the door, ‘Merrick!’ The door flew open. ‘Ella…what are you doing here, you only just went back.’ There stood Merrick, eyes wide and confused, his hair mussed from where it hadn’t been combed. She lifted up her hand; all the glass was sticking out at odd angles. ‘Ella what hap…oh, never mind. ZHIN, I NEED YOU!’ He bellowed down the corridor. A door a bit down the corridor opened and a tall boy, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, was running towards them. ‘ This had better be good’ he said as he reached the door. ‘It is, look at Ella’s hand. Can you heal it?’ Asked Merrick, his confusion replaced by concern. Zhin looked down and winced. ‘Ouch, that’s got to hurt…ok give me your hand, this might feel a bit strange ok?’ Ella nodded; suddenly a brilliant blue light was flowing out his hand, she could feel it cooling her hand, numbing it, until suddenly the pain was gone. She looked down, the glass was gone and the blood had dried up. ‘ Zhin is a healer,’ Merrick explained ‘he can heal many injuries, but hasn’t quite mastered the art of cleaning them yet…so you might want to wash your hand.’ He clasped a hand on Zhin’s shoulder ‘ Thanks Zhin, I owe you one’ Zhin smiled ‘No problem, this ones on the house. See you at breakfast?’ ‘Sure I’ll be down in a sec’ said Merrick ‘you coming Ella?’ She nodded and they headed downstairs.

Chapter 10

Ella followed Merrick down stairs, walking through the oak corridor that she, Sam and Cedar had come through just yesterday, she asked him a question. ‘Merrick, you know that room you were in yesterday. What was that place? You looked so peaceful.’ ‘Oh that,’ he said holding the door open for her. ‘ That was the power charging room.’ ‘Power charging …’ ‘ room, yeah. You go there after a fight or something, when you’ve lost a lot of energy.’ Ella ducked under a low hanging chandelier. ‘Does it always look that pretty, you know, with that light and everything.’ ‘No, it varies from person to person. It depends on what peoples powers are connected to, emotions, earth, or strength. The room adapts for each individual, focusing on how their energy can be boosted and what is needed to do this.’ ‘But how does it know what you’re powers are connected too…how do you know?’ Ella smiled; she actually knew where they were. ‘You’ll find out soon enough, it will suddenly appear obvious, when you least expect it.’ Merrick sat down at a table, Ella copied him trying to blend in with the crowed, but everywhere she looked someone seemed to be staring at her. She looked down at the table trying to hide behind her hair. She picked up a knife and fork and started bundling her plate full with a bit of everything, she had forgotten how hungry she was and began eating, with relish.
***
‘And you left Ella here alone! Even though she was quite obviously hurt!’ Said Sam incredulously. ‘Cedar sometimes your so stupid, do you know that!’ ‘ I didn’t…’ Cedar began, but he really didn’t have a good excuse. He had just left in blind rage, thinking only of himself and how much he hated Ella. ‘She was freakin’ bleeding! That means she was in pain! Does she not matter to you at all?’ Sam said staring at his brother who hadn’t said anything really important, for the last five minutes. Cedar was just staring at the floor, it was still covered in glass, the blood was still there too, and in the sunlight it looked like a sparkling read sea of pain. Sam looked down at him. ’Ella’s the only sister we’re going to get to have, we already almost lost her once, I don’t want to see her get hurt again.’ Cedar looked up ‘I'm sorry’ he said and he truly meant it. Sam had struck a nerve, deep within him, reminding him how much he really did love his sister. ‘ Just make sure she knows that.’ smiled Sam and waving a hand over the mess on the floor, it disappeared, ’no need for that to stick around huh!’ he laughed.
The door swung open and there stood Ella, surrounded by the golden light of the sun, shining through the hall window. Her fair hair hung loosely by her sides, relaxed, contempt, but her eyes were full of burning hatred as she stared at her brothers. Her gaze flickered for a second to the place were the pool of blood had been before she threw her head back and laughed.
‘And now’ said Sam gently nudging Cedar in the ribs ‘would be the perfect time to tell her.’ Cedar grudgingly turned away from the window that he had been staring out of and turned to face Ella. ‘Look Ella…you know earlier’ he began but Ella held out a hand stopping him mid-sentence. ’ If this is going to be one of those “I’m so sorry” or “I didn’t mean to” then just stop now because I don’t want to hear it. Do you know why? Because I just don’t care anymore! You stormed off and sorted your own bloody problems and cleared your conscience, whilst I was obviously hurt, you looked at the blood before you left…YOU LOOKED AT THE GOD DAMN BLOOD!!’ She tried to compose herself, but it didn’t work. She felt something warm forming in her hands but ignored it. She was on a roll now and needed to get this off her chest, she had been hiding so many feelings of sadness, hatred and guilt since their parents had died and they all seemed to be spilling out now, directed at her brothers, the people she both loved and loathed most. ‘Cedar, do you even know what I was doing last night? No I thought not. I was with Merrick. Remember my friend Merrick? Sam and you teased me so much, saying he was my boyfriend and I was so young and naive that I would laugh along with you and say I wished he were. That is who I was with, I’m not a slut or a whore; any boy I’ve ever been out with has never been good enough for you. You know, once upon a time I used to try date boys that fitted your criteria, strong, didn’t smoke, weren’t bikers, and then you started getting to picky so I gave up and dated who I…I wanted too, and for the first time ever used my own initiative and not yours. And do you know what, most of the time I was right! I was only ever wrong once, when some slim ball tried to rape me, and even then he was bloody drunk! I'm only half a year younger than you Cedar, which means, you don’t have the power or authority, to boss me around!’ The heat was really starting to burn her hand she glanced down and to her horror saw that she had been creating a ball of fire in her palm. Throwing it down to the floor with a scream she looked back at Cedar and Sam, and saw that there were sparkling tears rolling down Cedars cheeks, and found herself not caring, he deserved it. Sam just looked pale, his eyes wide with shock. Her voice softened, her carefree streak had started to crack. ‘ Your not ever going to replace Dad Cedar so please…’ she felt very dizzy all of a sudden, trying to ignore it she became determined to finish what she was saying, ‘ please…please, don’t try.’ Feeling the last of her energy leave her she gave a small gasp and fainted, hitting head with a loud ‘bang’.

Chapter 11

‘ When do you think Ella will be awake?’ said Lily leaning over the small figure of Ella, which Cedar had laid on the couch in their room. Sam had lost his head and had run down the corridor shouting for help and as a result the whole of the corridor had ended up coming too his aid, including a few faces that they had never seen before in their lives. Merrick was there, his worried silver eyes hidden by his windswept pale hair, and Zhin, his hazel eyes glancing nervously too and from Ella and the scorch stain on the floor. A small girl with short brown hair sat in the corner, her eyes closed and her back straight, trying to telepathically connect to Ella, in her sub- conscious mind. Another girl was stood next to Willow who was also there, playing with a small thundercloud, like a ball in her hands. Every so often she would flick a finger, making a mini bolt of lightning shoot out and move her fluffy hazel hair. Her dark eyes were clouded and every time the lightning flashed they would change colour from blue to pink to yellow, but never to violet, almost like a sign of respect. Stood next to Sam, was a very pretty girl with curly black hair. She held him close to her, almost in a motherly way, trying to calm him down. As she was gently stroking his shoulder, her eyes flickered; sometimes they looked like dancing flames, and others they looked like ice, as she stared at the coach.
A couple of other boys were there. One of them was Willows’ Brother, Luce, he stood next to Cedar, hand on his shoulder, like they had known each other for years. The other was Varian, as a shape-shifter, he could change his appearance into anything; this came in handy when they had to do some undercover work on the apocorites’ side. It was Varian that answered Lily’s question. ‘Its hard to tell, she might be out for hours.’ He turned to Cedar. ‘And you say she didn’t even realise she was creating this fireball, until it burnt her hand.’ Cedar feebly nodded. He felt so guilty that he thought it might swallow him whole. This mess was entirely his fault. If he hadn’t gotten so stressed out at Ella then none of this would have happened. Lost in his own thoughts he barely heard when Lily spoke again. ‘Look! I think Ella's waking up!’
As Ella opened her eyes 11 other pairs met her own. ‘ Ow, my head hurts.’ She groaned, as she felt a pain aching just above her right ear. She spotted Merrick stood near to her bed, arms crossed as though he was displeased with her, just before her vision was obscured by the two large objects bundling onto the coach. She smelt Cedar’s aftershave, before she saw his face. Thank god she had been blessed with two brothers with an understanding of the words, personal and hygiene. She could feel Sam’s hair tickling her nose, as she pushed them both off herself. They stared at her as she opened her mouth to apologise. ‘Cedar, Sam, I’m sorry I blew like that earlier, I just…you know, had been keeping it inside me, and I couldn’t deal with it.’ She turned directly to Cedar and stared at him ‘I really am sorry Cedar; some of the things I said to you were so unfair. I didn’t mean any of it I swear.’ But he shook his head. ‘No, Ella you did mean some of it.’ He paused brushing the hair off his face. ‘You were right, as usual. I guess I have been trying to protect you too much. It’s just sometimes you know I think, what happened to my baby sister, when I see you going out with boys and stuff. I just don’t want to see you get hurt again, like I did when that blue masked idiot almost killed you.’ He held out his arms. ‘Call it quits, eh?’ he said as he hugged her close to him, stroking her hair. She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, before pulling away and smiling evilly. ‘ Just one condition.’ Cedar nodded. ‘Don’t you ever call me Elliana again, ok?’ Sam burst out laughing and they both joined in. But as they looked round the room, all they could see was a whole lot of worried faces.

Chapter 12

‘ Ok, I know it was a wee bit sentimental, but you don’t all have to look so scared.’ Said Sam looking out across the room. It was Merrick who spoke, studying Ella with great interest as he answered; he had never seen her do that before, she was sat silhouetted in a silver glow and looked as pretty as an angel. The light seemed to be playing with her hair making it seem even blonder. Her violet eyes shone as though they were amethysts, sparkling under a pool of water. ‘ We were not scared of your sentimentality Sam. We are merely concerned about the assassin, which Cedar spoke of.’ He broke off and stared at Lily almost as if willing her to explain further. She took the hint and continued. ‘ The assassin that you spoke of cedar who’s true name is Gorghoul the seeker, was sent by the Apocorite to kill Ella. Normally because you disposed of him, this would not be a problem. However; because he failed, the Apocorite will be sending more of their allies, such as the vampires, the drowning angels and the ones from the lost sea to come and pick up where he left off. And although we have many force fields and shields protecting all of us from the outside world, there is a strong chance that they will be able to break them. So I think it best if we get you into training right away, so you can get off on your quest.’ Lily stared at the three of them expecting to see blank faces but they simply nodded. ‘We know we’re the ones who have to kill the Apocorite.’ Said Sam smiling sadly. ‘ But is that our quest or is it something different?’ Lily sat down on the floor and looked up at them. ‘No. Your quest is to retrieve the three pieces of the Triwiccan Trident, which were hidden many aeons ago. When you find them all, you attach them together and use it to defeat the Apocorite in the house of the unholy torrent. Not nice nor easy but we promise to fight with you to the death if it means you shall survive to defeat them.’ She got up and stood next to Merrick and looked at him to finish it off, ’To the death.’ He said simply and it was at that moment Ella realised two things. ‘Oh my god! Your Merrick’s brother.’ She blurted out blushing at her own stupidity. Merrick and lily looked her smiling sarcastically ‘And for the £1,000,000 question Ella…’said Merrick as the room erupted in laughter. Well at least someone broke the tension in here, she thought, a chainsaw wouldn’t have got through. She looked up at Lily seriously, frowning slightly, because she knew what answer would come. ‘We aren’t likely to survive this battle are we?’ Lily's eyes looked like an ocean of tears as she shook her head sadly ’No.’
‘ Since we are all here anyways, I’ll just do today's announcements. Sword practice is going to be held at 5’o’clock today instead of the regular time, due to the self-defence class being moved into activity area 1, any queries come and see me.’ Said Lily. She stood on the coach, looking around the room. She tried her best to be commanding, but it just wasn’t in her nature, though she couldn’t understand why, she had no problems, when it came to kicking some vampires ass. ‘ I think that’s everything. Oh, wait, for those of you who haven’t met our newest arrivals, may I introduce, Cedar, Ella and Sam Matrio.’ She turned to Cedar, Ella and Sam ‘Have you met everyone else in here?’ she smiled as they all shook their heads. ‘Well obviously you know me as Lily but if you want to know the full name its Lily, Daughter of Earth, and that…’she pointed to the girl at the back of the room sat in the corner, ‘ is Aminta, you might of herd her in your mind Ella, she has the power to connect with anyone's mind using telepathy. Next to her is Zhin, he is a trainee healer, some might call him our local medicine man.’ As she addressed each person they raised a hand waved and smiled. ’Zhin can also receive premonitions of the near future, if its something that erup want sorting out.’ On seeing the obvious bewilderment on their faces, she explained. ‘ The erup is almost like a council, that rules over all things that represent good in this world. However there is also another council called the detah, which is basically the same thing, except that this is governor over all things that are evil, and from what information we have managed to gather, we think that the four horseman of the Apocorite, each have a seat on there.’ Everyone's faces had returned to normal the next time she met their eyes and so she continued. ‘ My brother Merrick, Son of Tide and Sea, it doesn’t take a genius, to work out what he can do. ‘ Ella looked over at him; his silver eyes seemed to have flickered when Lily had said his full title. “Son of Tide and Sea”. It sounded pretty impressive; it reminded her of the posh balls that her mother and father had thrown, when they were little. There would be some guy with a loud voice, who would stand at the top of the front hall staircase, and would announce the guests as they entered. Her mum and dad had always been people who did everything, the old fashion way and she had liked it like that. No more grand balls now, she thought bitterly as she looked back at Lily, trying to catch up on what she had missed. ‘ Sky.’ said Lily pointing to the girl stood next to Willow, who had been playing with the miniature thunder cloud. Sky raised a hand before smiling at Ella, ‘ you feel better now?’ Ella smiled Sky was the first person to have asked her. ‘Yes, much thanks.’ Lily looked down past Sky and continued. ‘Sky can control all things to do with the weather. Willow, who is stood next to her, can levitate and can also create plasma shields. Next to Sam is Ember. She is the person responsible for the fabulous entrance passage decorations, so you already know what her powers are.’ Sam had been quiet since he had last spoken to Merrick. He hadn’t even looked at Ember, when she had been holding him, but now as got a proper look at her for the first time, he realised just how pretty she was. Drawing his eyes away from Ember, he listened to Lily. ’The two boys left are Luce, the light bringer. Definitely the person you’ll want around on a dark night. And finally, Varian, the shape shifter. Well I think that’s everything. Cedar, Ella and Sam please can you head for the armoury sometime this afternoon, so Merrick can find you your weapons and teach you some basic duelling techniques. See you at lunch everybody.’ And with that everyone filed out. Leaving the Matrio siblings alone in their living room once more.
© Copyright 2006 ~alicat123~ (alicat123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125826-Triwiccan-Wars-Part-II