*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124540-The-Titanic-Tragedy-of-Fluer--Jacque
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1124540
A short dramatic story of a young girl.
I, Fleur Jacque, am the most unlucky thirteen years old in the world. The Titanic was supposed to be unsinkable. I glanced down at the dead body beside me which very unfortunately was my brother, Pierre. Just a few hours ago I wore a smile on my face. I was happy because my parents had struck gold in the U.S. and I was aboard the Titanic on her maiden voyage. With my brother there their was no stopping a marvelous time. But, then an iceberg took everything away.” How will I ever get through this she heard an old women say crying. My memory traveled back to when I arrived at a seaport 500 miles away from my home in Paris, France.


I stood beside my brother with a smile on my face. I was so overjoyed I tripped over the person taking my ticket. Thank goodness that a crew member caught me! I was very embarrassed! I soon recovered though. As I stepped on board I looked down at he beautiful grand staircase. There were so many people! The crew members in the new white suites,3rd class people with old, tattered clothes on, and 1st and 2nd class people with beautiful gowns and tuxedoes on. I walked to my gorgeous room and as I passed the band I heard them playing an odd type of music. I heard someone say it was called Ragtime music or something like that. My room was an elegant pink color while my brother’s room was a pale blue room. I was never happier to be myself.



On board the Titanic for the next couple of days was quite enjoyable. I had grand meals and I danced most all of the night. I met a boy named Leonardo Bubl`e. he wan a nice gentlemen whom I spent most of my time with. We explored practically every inch of the Titanic. He was also a 2nd class passenger. Meanwhile my bother had found some young women to practically drool over. He liked her way to much! Eww! Leonardo and I found that helping the kitchen chef was entertaining. We spent a lot of time there. Leonardo thought he might even be a chef rather than being an explorer. He wanted to be just like Captain Smith, the brithish-american who explored the U.S.I simply laughed at the idea of him being an explorer or a chef.

I remember that I had been a sleep in my bed when a sudden “thud!!” pushed me out of bed. I was furious! It had nearly been midnight before I had gone to bed and I most certainly didn’t want woken up then. I stormed out of my room putting on a coat and a pair of slippers and went to find the captains cabin. But, as soon as I went out I knew something……..had gone wrong. People were running every where crying and screaming. I walked towards the edge of the boat pushing through a sea of people. I figured that the ship bumped in to a whale and people had seen it or something of that sort. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and spun around only to see my brother looking a t me ad if the world was going to end. He told me that an iceberg had hit the ship and that the Titanic was going to sink. “What, Are you sure?”, I said. Yes, was his answer. He hugged me tightly and said everything would be alright and that he loved every much. So as I boarded the life boat yelled after him and said,” I love you to,Pierre!!”.He smiled with a tear running down his face. At that moment everything hit me at once. I knew that everyone still on the Titanic was going to die.


© Copyright 2006 LynZ P. H. (lindsayh796 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124540-The-Titanic-Tragedy-of-Fluer--Jacque