*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120388-Distant-lovechapter-1
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1120388
Chap.1-Camila is pressured by her palace life and decides to flee for a bit.
Ch. 1: Decisions


" Power is all, yet it is nothing....."


I wake up shivering. Great, the fire must have went out again. Wait...no, that's not the only reason. It's that same dream that I've been having for months. I can't see the person's face because it's covered with darkness. But they always say the same thing before I wake up. What could this mean?? My thoughts are interuppted when a maid comes into my room. "Good morning Lady Camila." she says. I get out of bed so she can make it up. " You must have been cold last night. The fire apparently died." says the maid. I nod. I remember that today is the day I am suppose to meet with a suiter. I hate suiters. They come from all over , most of them no higher than Noble status. It makes me wonder sometimes if it's only because my family has so much power and money. We rule the biggest Country in all of Querick as well.Mother is upset that I won't hurry up and choose. She says I can't hold out forever. I beg to differ. Another maid appears. " Lady Camila, Her Grace wants to see you in the confrence room." she says. Oh, what now? Is she going to threaten me again? Guess I'd better be getting dressed then.


I walk over to my dressing room, and as usual, the maids make sure that everything is so tight it will sufficate me. They brush my long ebony hair and roll it into a bun. When their done, they stand back and let me look myself over, just in case I see something wrong. I signal to them that it's okay for them to leave and head for the confrence room.


Mother is sitting at the long table waiting for me. She has that stern emotionless face on again. "You summoned me mother?" I ask. "Yes. Sit down. Before this young man comes, there are some things I want you to know." she says. I sit. It's going to be a lecture on how I present myself and that I should hurry and choose someone, isn't it? "Camila, it has been 3 years, and still you have refused to accept someone." says mother. I knew it. "As I've said before, love is not something you chose someone for. You chose them for what they cam provide for you and what they can do for this empire." she says. "I know that, but... I haven't found that person yet." I say. LIE! A big lie. I just don't get it. How come all those common people can marry for love and I can't? Sometimes I wish I weren't royal. "I think you could have. Camila, I've seen you let some promising ones slip by. And I've seen your reactions towards them. Most of them say your too stubborn, and that even if you did chose one of them, that they'd probably go insane because of all the smart remarks you make. Why can't you understand that this is one of the most important events in your life? You can't just turn down everyone. I won't be around forever, and with your father dead, I don't think this empire can handle you stalling." she finishes. I bow my head. "I'm sure that he will be here soon. Camila, remember you don't have much time." says mother as she stands up. "You are dissmissed." she finishes. I walk out.

I'm so sick of this. Why can't I do things my way? I know! I'm not going to see this suiter. I'm going out in the town today, to see what their lives are like. Only question is how will I do it? After all, it's not exactly just like, "hey guards! I want to go out into the town today!" Mabey someone can pose as me??
© Copyright 2006 Fantasia (sweetami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120388-Distant-lovechapter-1