*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116909-The-Happy-One
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #1116909
About handling life, and subversive acts of human nature which life throws at you.
What do you feel when you lose yourself and you’ve got no one else for reliance and recovery?
You go into a hole which is eaten by a man who controls your soul without ever having met you.
And you see your life flash but it’s only a glimpse and you see your wife crash ‘cos it’s she who has driven, and when all is forgiven you’ll forget you were living because you’re existence was more meaningful dead than alive.
So in fear of all this you’ll try to connect, in an attempt to resurrect the one peace of mind you thought you had.
But the realisation comes when a girl passes by and she catches your eye and she steals your heart.
She’s a sun-tinted siren with little room to think and even less room to do, and when she says she’s thinking of you, she’s thinking of that guy who ate your space and stole your soul.
So you make like a mole and you find your own place, and you burrow a hole and you hide your sad face.
Because what’s important is that no one can see how effected you can get or how emotional you can be, the truth is that no one’s concerned until they see such signs of vulnerability.
Because when humans become humane it spells the end of humanity.
© Copyright 2006 Lou Sixty (sixtytrois at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1116909-The-Happy-One