*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1114701-Chasing-Her-DreamsChapter-3
by Bree
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1114701
Will Bold Eagle let Little Fawn chase after her dreams?
Little Fawn had been wondering around in the woods for a few hours. During that period of time it had started to storm. Tired of walking, give out from sobbing, and soaked to the bone Little Fawn decided to start back to her village.

It was very late when she made it back to the village. With the rain pouring down, she started toward her aunt’s hut.

Evening Star was her mother’s sister and the village priesest. She played a huge part in Little Fawn’s life, teaching her great things.

Evening Star was busy making her niece a beautiful turquoise necklace. She was startled when she heard a sobbing just outside her dwelling. When she went to see what was making the noise she was even more shocked to see that Little Fawn, soaked to the bone, was what had brought her from her work.

“Little Fawn what are you doing out in such weather? Come in here before you catch your death,” Evening Star said looking at her young niece in bewilderment.

As she stepped inside, she felt the need to cry sweep over her once more. When she couldn’t fight the tears back anymore she rushed into her aunt’s comforting arms.

“Oh aunt Evening Star the Great Spirit sent father a vision revealing my deepest desires. Desired I have shared with no one. When I told him that it was all true he banished every hope I clung onto of him ever allowing it. Although knowing he will never allow it, my desire still burns aflame in my soul. What should I do?”

After she finished speaking Little Fawn finally let the great sobs she had been trying desperately to hold back come rippling over her body.

“There, there sweetie.” Evening Star soothed her little niece. “I know of your heart’s wishes to be a warrior is instilled deep within you.” She paused for a moment to look down at the questioning stare coming from Little Fawn. She had known for a long time the dreams of her courageous niece. “Yes I knew and kept hush. I knew since the day I watched you look in wonderment at the warriors riding out heading for battle. I knew then those starry eyes of yours were not admiring them for their handsome looks. My advice to you is to go to your father and let him know of your displeasure of his anger at you. You can not help the path your heart has chosen for you. Only the Great Spirit knows the plans in store for Little Fawn. But whatever you do, do not show hatred towards your father. Doing that will only make it worse.”

Evening Star hoped the advice she offered her niece was not words that she would take as discouragement. She could tell this was something Little Fawn wanted terribly.

“I knew you would understand me better than anyone aunt. Thank you for listening and understanding,” Little Fawn said giving her aunt a squeeze of apperception. Her sobs were finally resting.

“Now you need to get out of these wet clothes. You also need to go lie down and get some rest. You’ve had a harsh night. When you lay your head tonight pray that the Great Spirit will give you guidance on what you need to do,” Evening Star spoke expressing great concern for Little Fawn.

As soon as Little Fawn had a fresh change of clothing on, she lay down on the deer skin mat and a gentle, calming sleep came over her.

****************

Bold Eagle got little sleep that stormy night. All he could think about was his daughter out in the wilderness, hoping she was safe.

He felt badly about the way he had upset her in the way he had. Maybe it was time for change in their village. His daughter was strong and there was no doubt in his mind she could not accomplish the great task she had set for herself. He knew his Little Fawn. She was as head strong and stubborn as he was. He knew she did not hear any of the words he spoke to her tonight. Little Fawn was not the kind to let the word no stand in her way if she wanted something badly enough.

She must hate him. For he was so anger before she rushed out of the hut he had not heard a word she spoke or seen the plea in her eyes.

At that moment Evening Star and Little Fawn walked into the hut. Bold Eagle was relieved from his troubled thoughts when he saw not a scratch on his daughter.

“Good morning Bold Eagle,” Evening Star finally spoke breaking the uncomfortable silence in the room. “I was surprised last night when I heard weeping outside my dwelling and when I went to see the source found Little Fawn soaked to the bone and clearly upset. After she explained to me what had happened I found that you were the source of her trouble.” As Evening Star finished speaking her eyes locked with Bold Eagle’s.

“I will not deny it Evening Star all that you have stated is true. I was inconsiderate and didn’t spare my daughter’s feeling. As a father I should have known better. I realized this after talking with her mother. I have come to see that maybe change would do some good.” Bold Eagle spoke looking from his wife’s sister to his daughter.

Little Fawn was overjoyed with what she had just heard. Were her ears deluding her? Was her father really going to give her a chance?

“Sister I had no idea you were here.” White Feather said as she entered the room coming to stand by Evening Star.

“Oh father, I’m surly dreaming because I think I just heard you say that you are considering letting me chase after this.” Little Fawn said as she sat there smiling at her father.

“Now Little Fawn don’t go jumping to conclusions,” Bold Eagle started. “When I go to council this evening I will ask war chief Running Bear and the warriors if they will consider putting through some test for you to prove yourself. The decision will rest in their hands not mine.”

Little Fawn was so overjoyed she ran into her father’s strong but loving arms. She felt so safe in his embrace. Even if she did want to be a warrior, she would always be daddy’s little girl.

Bold Eagle knew that his little sweetheart was now grown and there was nothing he could do about it. She was a beautiful, mature maiden. Even if the council gave her permission for becoming a warrior no one could ever change him seeing Little Fawn as his baby girl.

Although Evening Star and White Feather thought they would have to settle a fight between the two, they knew they had been wrong as they looked upon a father and daughter so much alike in their ways it was uncanny. They were both deeply touched by the sight.

Bold Eagle stepped back from Little Fawn as he started to speak.

“Little Fawn, I must go to council now,” he said as he moved across the room stopping in front of Evening Star and White Feather.

“Evening Star thank you so much for taking care of her. It means the world to me. And my dear I will be home as soon as possible.”

With that Bold Eagle exited the hut. When he was just outside the doorway he let out a heavy sigh.

“Oh, I hope the council is in a good mood this evening.” He said to himself as he walked closer to the council.
© Copyright 2006 Bree (dreamcather at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1114701-Chasing-Her-DreamsChapter-3