*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1109610-The-Mystery-Man
by Momo
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1109610
Sarah was alone in her new house that night, when she heard a noise downstairs.
THE MYSTERY MAN


Fourteen years old Sarah, woke up in the night by the noise downstairs. It was the same sound of someone playing piano in a very bad manner because of which, she was unable to sleep for the past week, since she and her parents shifted to this new house. The house itself was a big old mansion, located on the outskirts of the city. As her father’s job demanded, they usually had to shift into weird places like these but this one was just too different and not for a moment, she had felt comfortable in here. Sarah was a very superstitious and a pessimistic girl.

Her house was huge and was situated far from the city, near the woods. Ever since she has moved into this new house, she has been afraid to check out who was playing piano in her living room, which was downstairs. She had not told about this to her parents and tonight they were away attending some business party in the city. She was terrified to check who was playing the piano because she thought that maybe there was some ghost or monster playing the piano.

The windows of Sarah’s room were open and the moonlight was casting ghostly shadows on the walls. “I have read enough horror books to think there is some monster or ghost out there, playing piano in my living room” she thought bravely “So today I will gather my courage and find out who this mystery man is playing piano in my living room”. After thinking this, she got out of her bed and tiptoed down the stairs, which were creaking below her. She opened the door to the living room, but she saw nothing and heard no sound.

She searched and searched but found nothing. While she was still searching for the mystery man and was about to give the hope that she would find anything, at that very moment, something grey and furry leapt from the piano towards her and with a cry she fell hard on the floor. She was very scared as to what it is but when she recognized what it was, she yelled at it “Oh! You silly cat you frightened me to my death”.

After all, Sarah found her mystery man and you already know who it is………… or do we?

Author's Note:-


This was first attempt on writing a short story, I wrote this when I was 13, please do give your opinion. Thanks.

Please rate and review it.
Thanks for reading my work!*Smile*

© Copyright 2006 Momo (momo12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1109610-The-Mystery-Man