*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107935-Silent-Hill-tales
Rated: · Fiction · Other · #1107935
Silent Hill is a weird place, where feeling can change everything sometimes ...
-Hi sister.

His voice was hesitant and full of sorrow.

-It's been a while since I’ve come here. I'm sorry. I’ve been ... you know, I’m always busy.

He smiled a little, remembering some sweet memories, and then he looked sad again.

-Daddy ... he's found a new job. He and mama are moving far from here. I guess they won't come soon. I'm sorry... The weather ... the weather is getting cold. Winter is almost upon us. I hope we'll have snow this time.

Again, in his sad mind, some memories were rising from the past. His smile was sad, maybe sadder than it’ll ever be.

-Do you remember our holidays in Canada? It was last year ... no, two years ago. You were ... it was like I was the older one. You spent all days playing in the snow, like if you didn't feel how cold it was. And eventually you became ill. Mama yelled at me. She said it was my fault, she said I had to look after you. That's weird how they blamed me for everything that happened to you. All the times you were in trouble, Daddy and Mama thought it was my fault. Even ...

Tears ran through his cold cheeks as he closed his eyes. Pain was overwhelming his mind again. He hated to cry but he couldn't help himself. He remembered her kindness, and her soft smile. As he touched her gravestone, he remembered how hard it was each time he came here. There where so many things he wanted to tell her, but his mouth remained closed. The young boy stepped back, and then left the cemetery.
The wind whipped his face, but he didn’t feel it. He didn't feel the air getting colder and colder. He walked for what looks like an eternity to him. They used to do that. Walking for hours, without talking. Just staring at each other sometimes, and smiling. But she was not here anymore. Her hand wasn't in his. He hadn't felt the wind, but he noticed now that it was gone. As he looked around him, he could hardly recognise the street. Bachman Road maybe. There was a heavy fog. It was hiding the sky, and everything around him. He took a few steps, and finally found the church. There seemed to be no one around. He pushed the door and entered. All he could hear was his own breathing that echoed slowly. This was peaceful, like everyday. He wasn’t religious, so the god who was prayed here meant nothing to him, but Sarah loved to come here. She said she knew that God exists because he is … he was an angel to her.

-An angel … I hope you’ve found a real one …


She was furious. And if someone was here, he could have guessed it just by looking at her dark eyes. Her boyfriend was late, again. Yes, again, and she was shivering because of the cold wind. There was a coffee not far from here, so she decided to wait for him there. This place … she had always wanted to leave this town. It was too far from everything to begin with, and the only cute guy she had found sucked. He was just inattentive to her. Yet she was in need for someone to love her. She needed just someone who could take care of her. Since her best friend died, nearly one year ago, since then, she needed a boy to take her in his arms and comfort her. But there was no one here she thought. There was no one and … ‘wait a minute … that’s true, the street is empty. I can’t hear a thing, only the wind and … what’s that fog? It wasn’t there … just before, there wasn’t any fog! ‘

She began to feel fear from her heart, like if she knew something wasn’t right. Her black leathered boots stopped walking, and her breathing becomes faster. No one? She was alone? Just what she hated most. But she couldn’t move from where she was. She couldn’t make a step. Her heart was too frightened. And her mind too. Then her eyes saw something in the fog. A shadow, which was coming closer.

-Huh … excuse me I …

The shadow was walking weirdly, balancing from side to side. She could hear something like a moan of pain.

-Are you okay? Huh … are you …?

She couldn’t see a thing with that fog. That’s just when it was very close that she realised. It was not human. Whatever it was, it was scaring the shit out of her. Her fear, which was telling her not to move just before now was screaming her to go away from that evil thing. And so she ran, as fast as she could. Soon she her legs felt painful. It was hard to run with those boots, in this damn cold fog. Then she heard the moan again, and began to cry in terror.


The church wasn’t peaceful anymore. Not for him, not now. He was getting angry, and he knows why. Just before he opened the door and left, those words came back in his mind: ‘If there’s a god of love, of compassion, he would have let me saved you’.

Maybe, if she was looking at him, maybe his sister would have felt sadness from those thoughts. But he didn’t care. Things were awfully simple for him now. There was no god, nothing at all, just this world, this life. He had just found a job, a place to leave, now that his parents were pushing him away. They never loved him, never wanted him, and yet he couldn’t feel hatred for them. When you’re so badly hurt and there’s no one around to save you, you can fall in despair, get mad or, like him, close your heart and let all of your feelings go. If you don’t feel anything, your pain goes by itself. It’s easy, simple, and that’s what he was doing. Maybe in some month he’ll stops going on her grave, maybe he’ll forget her.

But right now he wasn’t thinking about that. He just wanted to find his apartment and rest a bit. Still, with that fog all around, it was too hard to find his way. He was on Bachman Road so … he had to go … It was hard to tell, even for someone who has always lived in Silent Hill. That wasn’t a big town, but that fog had something that made him doubt. He decided to take a way and to see if he could find someone. But as he began to go, he heard high heels claps, in is back, and something else. Something that could have scared him …


When you’re running because you’re frightened to death, usualy, after the some seconds, your eyes need to rest a bit, so you close them. He didn’t understand what was happening. There was that girl running at him, crying ... At the last moment he saw that she wasn’t looking in front of her, so he yelled her to stop. He could have stepped aside but ... maybe he didn’t want to move. His voice was so strong that she obeyed instantly, opening her eyes to see who he was. For some seconds, she forgot her fear. She knew him for he was her late bestfriend’s brother. A kind an strong boy, just a bit younger than her. His face was reassuring, even with that sorrow in his eyes. But that sweet moment lasted just a second or two, then see remembered the fear.

-Help me please ... there’s something ... it’s following me ...

As she looked terrified to death, he took a look around, and saw nothing. Just the fog. No noise at all. Nothing. His composed expression cooled her.

-I’m sorry, but there’s no one behind you.
-“But ... it ...” she said, staring frantically at the street. “It was ... just there.”
-That fog is heavy. It must be ...
-“I’m not lying! It was there!” she said. Her eyes were still crying.
-“Ok ... calm down. We’re all alone now.”

“Calm down”. His words where always like that. He always cared about others. He was like that. And terrified as she was, she just needed two words ... two soft words, two wonderful words. She stepped back a bit and began to breath calmly.

-I ... I’m sorry, I ...
- ...
-“Thank you, Johan.” She said.
-“It’s ok.” He said, looking around quickly.” That tiny town can be weird sometimes I guess”
-“Yeah, you bet ...”

Now that her fear was almost gone, she shivered because of the cold air. She felt stupid too. She must have dreamed, or ... anyway, that could be a monster, she wasn’t in a bad movie or anything. And that boy, two years younger than her, was acting like an adult while she was crying like a baby. Yes, she felt stupid, and laughed about the situation. He just looked at her and allowed his face to show a little smile.

-“I’m realy sorry ...” She said, trying to stop laughing. Somehow it felt awkward.” Can you … I dun think Peter will come.”
-“Did he forgot you again?” He said, almost sacasticly.
-That’s not funny.
-No, I guess it isn’t.

Somewhat, he felt weird. He sure liked that girl, she was a good friend. But she reminded him his sister too. They where always together, he was almost jealous. Looking at her, now, was painful. Yet, he was worried about her. And he couldn’t just leave her here.
The silence between them was beginning to last. She knew how he was feeling, she knew … but there was nothing she could do to comfort him, as she was maybe sadder than him. When you loose someone who is like your entire sky, your whole world, you have to find something as important as that person. If you can’t, your wounds never heal, your sorrow become eternal. She had a family, not the best she could imagine but they where there for her. He had nothing.

-“Maybe you could …” She said with a shy tone” Come and drink a coffee with me? You know … I don’t want to stay alone with that monster-which-is-not-there around.”

She was lying, obviously. But he just didn’t care. He looked at his right. The fog was hiding it but there was the Queen Burger, and a Coffee just before. It wasn’t far, and it wasn’t like he was overbooked. So he agreed and they start walking, continuing their chit-chat.

There’s a tiny bell inside the coffe shop. Everytime someone opens the door, it rings a bit. As they entered, they heard it. But that was all they could hear. The room was empty, and some of the fog folowed them before the boy closed the door. They both knew Mary, the barmaid who owned this place. She was always conforting, doing her best to see her clients -her friends in fact- smiling in her place. She was a like a mother or a sister for everyone. Naturaly dark haired, she tried to become blonde some years before. She wasn’t the pretiest woman before trying that, nor she was after. But her smile sure could have sheered up the poorest man.
Johan needed that smile badly, that’s what the girl was thinking. Before the tragic death of his sister, he was always strong and cheerful. But maybe he just needed her all of that time, and now he had lost his willpower. She haven’t seen him joyful for a while. They stood there for some seconds, and then Johan took some steps and called for Mary. As he had no reply, Julia walked closer to him, feeling her cold fear coming back, not knowing why. The air got frozen around her, and a deep shiver passed through her spine. Then all became quiet and the time seemed to stop. Her perceptions were too clean, but it didn’t last long. A huge crash happened behind them, as something flew into the front glass of the coffee shop. More than the noise made by the shattered window, they heard a dreadful shriek that forced them to stare at the horrible creature which just entered the shop. It looked like an enormous and misshapen bat, with deadly fangs and claws. Julia was to petrified to scream her fear out, she just stood there, unable to move. Johan sure was surprised, but when the creature headed toward the girl, he took and threw the chair that was next to him at the beast. Both the wooden chair and the strange bat smashed into a table. All was going so fast. Just some seconds did passed and that was over. He knew his friend was way too afraid for him to confort her. So his only move was to stare at the beast, which wasn’t moving at all. It shouldn’t be dead. Johan didn’t why but it should have survived. But it hadn’t.
© Copyright 2006 DarkChild (tenshishizuka at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1107935-Silent-Hill-tales