*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105685-The-Review-Showcase
Rated: E · Other · Activity · #1105685
The awarded items and authors from The Poetry Review & The Short Story Review.
The Review Showcase



Showcase Poems


The following poems have been awarded for their outstanding quality and originality. These poems were entered into "The Poetry Review for review.




 Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

The first poem to receive an award from the Review is "Storm." I found so many good things about this poem that there was no way I couldn't award it. The creativity of the original words used to define the voice of the poem was exceptional. I fell in love with it after the first time I read it.





Sincerely Yours  [13+]
My wrists will read "Sincerely Yours."
by autumnlullaby

I'm always on the lookout for poems that take images a step above and beyond. The dark imagery in "Sincerely Yours" struck me as original and profound. A dreary message, but it's darkly romantic.





Okinawa At Night  [E]
Sometimes the war follows us home.
by M. Deeds Berry

I love poems that tell me a story. "Okinawa At Night" told a story using such beautiful imagery to reflect upon the sounds of the night in Okinawa I had no choice but to award it. Simply beautiful.






Oceanic  [E]
A poem about how the waves of the ocean at night wash away the stress of the day.
by David E. Navarro

A calm, reflecting imagery poem that really struck me as unusually relaxing. The picture of the ocean is so clear, so vivid, and so cool and mellow that I had to award it. Anything that can take away my stress of the day deserves to be awarded.





Red Dragon  [E]
Childhood adventure slaying Red Dragon in Garden-land.
by David E. Navarro

One of the best story poems that I've come across. The imagery is brilliant and the voice is superb. A cute poem told in such a fantastical way. Brilliant.





Midnight Dandelion  [E]
Sunburst, dandelion growing from the epicenter of a grenade blast...
by horace

Unique style, fun word play and sharp flow make this poem one of a kind. I enjoyed it immensely and could picture myself in a crowd listening to a poet read this on stage. Masterfully done.







Showcase Short Stories


Be the first to have your short story showcased here! Request a review at "The Short Story Review!






Showcase Authors


The following authors have been awarded for their outstanding originality and ability to create poetry that stands out among the vast selection found on this website.





This author has such a distinct, beautiful style that's centered around word choice and inventive qualities. I like their poems better than some famously published ones. So when you like a style that much, how can you not like the author?






I love coming across authors who have a talent for traditional styled poetry. Not just the rhyming kind, but the kind that doesn't rely on abstract concepts or distorted languages to tell a story.






It is rare that I come across stories that are as heartwarming and emotional as this author's. Her stories twist tales of family and pain and overcoming obstacles. They are simply beautiful.
© Copyright 2006 Wenston (wenston at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1105685-The-Review-Showcase