*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100611-MADNESS-OF-MARCH
by mimi
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Death · #1100611
tragic loss of eight year old child
this has been a truly horrific month for my family–we lost a child in a tragic accident–had brother with emergency surgery–long hospital stay–lots of flu and other sickness—I AM HAPPY TO SAY GOOD BY TO THE MADNESS OF MARCH!!!

even though the month may be passed, the pain of loss is still all too fresh in our hearts, spirits, and bodies.

never again can we hold an eight year old little ray of sunshine close and feel the warmth of energy and life.

the sadness and loss are tangible things that have gripped with talons that refuse to ease their hold.

answers are no where to be found, comfort is fleeting, hope is trampled in the ashes of things never to be.

death is an enemy that i cannot roust from our lives.

time may heal, but time is slow.

love yearns to ease the pain, but is manacled by sorrow.

the sun shines, the flowers bloom, the birds sing, but we weep.

maybe decades from now, time and love will have worked their healing, but for now there is only a constant running in my head of the many snapshot pictures of a wild and free, loving and caring, intelligent and striving blond haired eight year old little boy who will never realize the promise of height, or success, or family.

for the loss of that, all that love, promise, future i cannot and will not forgive death!

i will fight this enemy of life and laughter with all i possess until the day i remove my earth skin and move to the world of new birth and eternal life.

to all who have suffered loss–my heart grieves with you

to all who fight death—my spirit wars with you
© Copyright 2006 mimi (teecee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100611-MADNESS-OF-MARCH