*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094662-The-Heart-of-a-Writer
Rated: E · Essay · Personal · #1094662
The painting of one's soul through the written word.
Words come to life, as my imagination runs wild, exploring the infinite possibilities and dreams. They take me beyond the cares of my own, sometimes mundane existence, allowing me to span my horizons and unleashing the word sculptor in my own soul. Phrases and ideas become masterpieces in black and white, as I dip my brush onto the palette of my heart.

Novels that are turned into movies sometimes leave me feeling bereft. Having experienced the wonders of my own minds' movie reel by reading the book, I am reminded of the limitations of another’s ideas put on long, thin ribbons of canvas; concepts of what an “author turned screenwriter” might have lost in passing down the mantle of his calling to the finite world of the big screen.

***
I grow stronger with each word I write; mental aerobics; at times, breathless from the workout, stimulating. A marathon in which my goal is not to finish first, but to finish. I gain nuances at each check point, drinking in what I am able to glean from the other runners on the track of prose, imagination, and passion.

May we all run the race, stay our course, and ignite our passions, as we grow to accomplish our own unique masterpiece of prose.
© Copyright 2006 Erin Collins (joyfulwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1094662-The-Heart-of-a-Writer