*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092241-Recluse
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Music · #1092241
This comes from Bad Relationships...
I've determined I've been fishing in the wrong river, jumped in too fast and now I can't seem to shake this shiver, ran my hand across her naked body till' I got a sliver, hoped for the best, but I guess, she's just another indian giver, and now I've all got static on the transmitter, giving what I can, but I guess it never fit her, so out comes the splinter, in goes the bitter side of things, I was tying strings till' I got the swing of things, was riding on the back of wings of the hornet till' it stings, bringing light to new cravings and summer flings,

Felt the need to spring into action, seeking the satisfaction of passion, till' I got a chain reaction, magnetism, pushed me further away from truly living, or loving, or caring, that's what I lack, like I'm a crack addict, on the search crack, it keeps getting harder and harder to spring back, when I'm back to the substance of my self abuse, drowning deeper in the bottle, I become recluse, I think I got a screw loose, trying desperately to tighten it, using the wrong tools, and she's still seeing me as a god damn fool...

Relationships come along like I'm stuck in one place, wore my heart on my sleeve and lost another poker face, my hands don't carry the ace that is used to, but I'm well suited to pick up on the clues, another bruised king of the hearts card left scared, jumping out the window before I ever even get charred, dropped my guard down low enough for the walls crumble, stumbled into another relationship fumble, broke down outside the chalk line, but just like always, I fell victim to another damn land mine.
© Copyright 2006 Projekt Wordsmith (projekt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1092241-Recluse