*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090857--Sunrise-Air-and-Inner-Peace-
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1090857
This comes from a memory of the months I spent in Sicily.
Sunrise just a few moments away, the sky was now beginning to lighten enough to make out the different hues of color that blended together and made the whole thing worth watching.

I sat patiently, listening to the quiet peace that had now become noticeable among the fading sounds of birds and breeze.

Closing my eyes for a moment, a told myself that this was yet another chance to start over, to do things better than I had the day before. Feeling a bit of inner peace come over me, I opened my eyes to behold the sun just now beginning to makes it’s lazy climb toward the early morning sky.

Colors that were once dim were now easily discernable from one another. Blues, Violets, and pinks all now beginning to separate in there own symphony of homage to the sun.

The slight chill in the air prior to the suns arrival was now replaced with a deep reaching warmth that could be felt deep inside the soul, where all the beautiful things in your life were kept, locked away for your own enjoyment.

I watched quietly as the sun continued its climb, reaching to the waters and small town that lay below the hill where I now sat. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the morning air that held the sweet smell of summer forever trapped in its grasp.

Someday, I’ll get to this place that lives on in my head. I’ll breath that sunrise air and feel that inner peace that I’ve searched so hard for. Maybe we should all meet there, take the time to appreciate the little things. Maybe the world could be a better place if we paid more attention to the beauty that surrounds each of us every day ~
© Copyright 2006 Poetic Wolf (wolfs72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1090857--Sunrise-Air-and-Inner-Peace-