*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087479-Buddy-finds-a-home
by Sacius
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1087479
The life of my cat Buddy.
One day there was a cat. This cat was named Buddy. He appeared on a farm one day and the farmer thought that someone had just dropped him off. The farmer's wife was akin to taking animals in. She took care of a possum, several chickens, a lizard every now and then, two indoor cats and one outdoor cat. With all these animals Buddy seemed like nothing more then an addition to the family so she immediately started feeding the him. Soon Buddy had all his shots and to make sure he did not try anything with the other cats he had his goods taken care of.
Now Buddy was a very average sized cat. He did not get along with the indoor cats that the farmer's family had. They were very big cats that after years of being over fed and pampered were now built like tanks. Buddy had his own ways of taking care of them though. He could run and hide because he was much smarter and faster.
The slower cats took a long time to make it to the dinner plate when the farmers wife fed them so Buddy would always be there first waiting. He would get his meal and by the time the bigger cats shoved him out of the way the food was almost gone and he was full.
There came a day when he just did not feel welcome in the house anymore. Buddy began to explore outside. He would travel from shed to shed and follow the farmer around as he worked. Long days of lying in the sun and chasing field mice left Buddy a very happy cat.
The problem Buddy had was that he never really felt like he had a home. He could not go in the house because the Tanks were patrolling. It was to dark and there were to many wild animals outside for Buddy to stay out at night. He even got into a fight once and had to be taken to the hospital.
Luckily the farmer had a son who was about to move out into the house next door. The son and his best friend were going to move in and live there. After Buddy found out about this he started spending the night there. After doing this for a few nights he decided he liked it there. It was warm and he was safe from the outside animals. On top of that he did not have to deal with the two big cats. He got his meals and was able to eat in peace. After meowing for a few minutes he could get one of the guys' to open the door for him to let him in or out. He even got to sleep in one of the guys' laps every now and then much to their annoyance.
Buddy's life is going good now that he has a home. He spends his days sleeping, patrolling the barnyard, and helping the farmer's son's best friend with the birds that peck on his window. Buddy found out about this and now he sits and guards the window for the best friend. It is just his own little way of paying back the people who gave him so much.

© Copyright 2006 Sacius (lutioush at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1087479-Buddy-finds-a-home