*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085429-War
by Sacius
Rated: GC · Short Story · War · #1085429
I wrote this several years ago and my goal was to be as descriptive as possible.
As Garnear lay in the soft white snow he noticed something. He could no longer feel the cold that he thought should be coming from it. He couldn't feel the wind that was blowing the trees above him. Everything was silent. He slowly raised his head up to get a better view and noticed the snow was stained red. Not really thinking much of it he glanced around only to see his friend running towards him. He was shouting something at him. His lips were moving but no sound seemed to come out. His friend reached down and forced Garnear to lay back down. Not really knowing what was happening Garnear lay back down and watched as his friend pressed hard on his stomach. Garnear raised his head up only to see the red stains on the snow to be growing. Suddenly he heard what his friend was screaming.
"Medic! Will somebody get me a god damn medic?!"
It was then that Garnear realized what was happening. The rush of pain finally hit him and he could only focus on that. His torso felt like it was on fire. It felt as though the flames were burning from the inside out. As he lay there he slowly felt his fingertips grow cold and then he couldn't feel them at all. The same feeling was slowly working its way up his arms and through his legs. His friend continued to call for help but no one was responding. The cold feeling finally reached his torso and he could no longer hold his head up to look around. He let it fall back into the snow. His eyes darted back and forth trying to find someone to look at. He watched as his friend hovered above his body and finally another face appeared. This one cut off his shirt and put something soft over the holes in his torso. Garnear's friend tried to keep his attention but his eyes slowly grew heavy. Just before Garnear's eyes closed for the last time he watched as the side of his friends helmet sparked and then blood began to drip down his friends head. Garnear closed his eyes and felt something slump over his head just before the cold numb feeling finally overtook his body and he felt nothing.
© Copyright 2006 Sacius (lutioush at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1085429-War