*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082924-Dont-look-out-the-window
by Winged
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1082924
Tellings about werewolves.
The moon.

I had been up all night, seeing as it was a Friday night. I had been talking to two of my friends online. Jasmine and Mari. I was just about to go to bed when Jasmine sent me something that caught my eye. Her message is as follows.

-Moon-

I was a little confused, but not at all scared. She and I had just been Role Playing wolves on IM anyway. So I typed back.

Yeah, yeah. *Howls to the moon* lol

But there was no response. Jasmine would have at least told me if she was going to be offline for a while. And I knew that she wasn’t asleep. She was an Inzombriac, which meant that she couldn’t sleep very easily at night. I started to feel uneasy. I typed to Mari and told her what had just happened. She didn’t respond right away. Which made me feel even uneasier. But after a while she finally wrote back. But her message only freaked me out ever more.

Kate, call 911, NOW! There is a wolf looking thing at my window and I’m alone. I don’t know what to do at all! I can’t stop it from getting threw my window. Kate. Call 911. NOW!

My eye twitched. I knew that Mari wasn’t the kind of person to play tricks on anyone. No. I knew she was being dead serious. It was possible that there could be wolves at her house. She lived by a big forest. But the problem with her story was that she was on the computer, which was on the 2nd floor. How could a wolf get to a 2nd floor window? I sat still. I was frozen with fear. As soon as I could move again I reached for the phone to dial 911, but I didn’t even get a ring tone. Then I remembered that the phone line people had been working on the lines all day, hence why I was talking on the computer. I called downstairs for my sister, Catherine, Cat for short, to come upstairs. She ran upstairs to see what was wrong with me. I could still barely move, but I had enough courage to point to the computer. But before she could read any of the messages my computer turned off. Seeing as it turned off so suddenly I jumped from my chair and landed on the floor. Cat sighed and walked out of my room.
I layed in bed all night thinking about what happened to Mari and Jasmine. I couldn’t sleep a wink. Looking out of the window I saw the moon. It seemed almost full. I looked at it for a little while longer then slowly drifted to sleep. The next morning I heard from the news that Mari had been found in critical condition at her house. Someone, or something had attacked her at about 11 or so at night. The news also said that they think a wolf or a big dog of some sort attacked her. That made me remember, oh, she Mari had said to me the night before,”A wolf looking thing…”

It must have been a wolf. I tried to convince myself, but my logical side kept thinking that that couldn’t be possible: with the whole thing about the 2nd story window and what not. My brain hurt. So I spent most of the day trying to find a logical expiation for what had happened. Guess what? I didn’t find one.
That night I got on IM to see if Jasmine was on. Of course she was. I asked her if she had heard about Mari. She hadn’t heard so I told her the story. After that we just Role Played a little bit on the computer. It was about the same time as the night before when I received an odd message from Jasmine again.

-Moon hungry-

I freaked out and started to type a response back. But before I could I got another message.

-Moon eat-

That was it. I turned off my computer and went downstairs to find Cat. But, I didn’t find Cat. What I did find was a note.

Dear Kate-

I will be gone tonight. My friends and me wanted to get away from everything for a while. There is dinner in the fridge. DON’T BURN THE HOUSE DOWN LIKE LAST TIME. Mom might be back from her trip tonight but I highly doubt that. And we all know where dad is. Hope you can handle being here by yourself for tonight. Especially after what happened last night. Lets just say that you better not be in jail or the insane asylum when I get back.

Love ya!
Cat

She was gone. Oh, tonight of all nights! Why tonight! As I muttered my curse upon her I slowly walked back upstairs. I looked at the moon. It had to be full tonight. I grumbled as I turned on my computer. Jasmine wasn’t on. Ug. That’s when I heard it: a sound like 100 long and sharp fingernails going across a chalkboard. My eye twitched. I looked over at the window and jumped back. There was a wolf looking it. I ran toward the door but the wolf got there before me. It broke through the glass of the window easily and stood in front of the door. Then I saw that it wasn’t a wolf that stood before me, but a werewolf. I knew because it was standing on two legs and gave the appearance of a human. I ran toward the open window, in hope that I could jump out. But before I got there the werewolf pinned me against the ground. For a moment the only thing I could see was it’s sharp white teeth. Then the werewolf bent down toward me.
“Hello Kate.” It growled, fighting its grip on me. My mind was franticly searching to remember what a werewolf’s weakness was. Then I remembered, silver. I took off my silver ring and threw them at the werewolf. It growled and let go of me to get away from the silver.
“What the...” the werewolf growled and started to back off. I got up and ran toward the do again, only to claws hit me in the back of the head. I grumbled and tried to get up. It was no use. I looked out the broken window and noticed that the sun was coming up. I managed to grab my silver hair chopsticks. I reached as high as I could and stabbed the werewolf in the back of the heart. I heard it roar and then fall too the ground by were I was. I saw the werewolves eyes close right before the sun came into my room. I watched the werewolf slowly turn back into its human form. I gasped. For were the werewolf once lay, with a silver chopstick in her back, was Jasmine. I stared in disbelief and then slowly shrank back down to the ground. I touched the back of my head and looked at my hand. It was covered in blood. I grunted as I closed my eyes.
© Copyright 2006 Winged (valentine66 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1082924-Dont-look-out-the-window