*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081406-Gwen-Introduction
Rated: E · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1081406
Gwen meets Alexander and they fall in love. But now he's in a coma
After boasting this way of my tolerance, I come to the admission that it has a limit. I thought I could tolerate the pain and the suffering, the sorrow and fear. But after a while I snapped. I just couldn’t take it anymore. Alexander was right, I knew I couldn’t break no matter what one-week the next week every piece of valuable information came tumbling out of mouth in run-about sentences. He was handsome, and for a time sweet but he wanted something I couldn’t let him have, he wanted my secrets. The secrets of love and hate. The secrets of joy and sorrow. The secrets I kept in the one place that used to be my haven, the place only I knew how to get to. My heart. But I fell hard in love, the love that takes a forever to get over. True love.

I was a good girl, the girl every guy wanted but none could have. The kind that proclaims about “I’m waiting for my true love” every time a guy would ask me to a movie or out for dinner. I can blame my mom for all this now, she’s the one that showed me if you love someone to much they leave you and if you love them enough then you let them go. But I met Alexander, he made me brake every rule I had ever set for myself, every barrier I promised myself I wasn’t going to break. I had held onto my heart with the strongest of holds but when he came along I released my grip. Alexander was the love of my life. I loved him enough to let him go. He was my age plus a year. He had black hair that grazed the top of his ear falling down in messy ruffles over his deep black eyes. Those eyes that were always full of sorrow and pain, he once told me I could make him smile with the turn of my head.

I met Alexander when I was fifteen, he had just moved into the house down the street, I was listening to my Anna Nalick CD and singing and dancing in the street. A large red Hummer came speeding down the street, Alexander knocked me out of the way. “You are one crazy girl,” I remember him commenting out of breath from saving my life. “You are one brave boy.” I had commented back. He laughed, oh how I loved that laugh, two years has it been since I last heard that laugh and yet it’s the one thing that keeps me tied to reality.

He was the sweetest person that I would ever meet, the kind that gives you flowers for no apparent reason and takes you to see your favorite movie even if he doesn’t like them. The kind that tells you he loves you and asks for your permission before kissing you. Oh how I loved it when he kissed me, full on the lips and with the deepest passion anyone’s heart could take. Alexander wasn’t rich, but I didn’t care. He always had time for me. It was summer when we met so he usually slept away the day and took me out during the night. I loved him. It was easy to admit it. He never told me he loved me but I always expected it, the way he gazed into my eyes and the way he kissed me. I never saw him with another girl. He never flirted and always stood up for what he believed in, what I believed in. He had access to my heart and I had to admit it. So much for my haven, my place only I could get to.
We were an ‘item’ as the school proclaimed. The yearbook nominated us for ‘best couple of the year’ I didn’t mind, he didn’t mind. My mom minded
“All he wants is to get into your pants.” My mom would tell me nigh after night. I got sick of hearing it. I knew Alexander wasn’t like that.
© Copyright 2006 Tabitha Loree (dragonkirtan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081406-Gwen-Introduction