*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081111-To-Him
by V
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Drama · #1081111
A letter to a boy who is off-limits. I can't say this to his face.
To Him:
You shock me.
I met you at a point when I needed someone who I could trust. I was vulnerable, and you never took advantage of me. For this I thank you.
People talk. It's a fact of life. I cannot do anything about this. This is a classic tale of boy-meets-girl. Yet, in this case, I was the only one concerned by it. You didn't care. Although this disappointed me to some extent, I got over it. I could admire you from afar.
The season changed. Literally. I hadn't seen you for weeks. When I saw you again, you seemed exactly the same. You talked to me. I allowed myself to smile in your presence.
Then it happened. You stopped. With your halt, I stopped as well. It was random. Don't think that I didn't notice it. One day, I tried to confront you about it. I almost did, but I backed down. Later, I learned a fact about you. I think it broke my heart.
I was angry. I couldn't think straight when I knew that you were out there with someone other than me.
I am over you, but I am not over it. You hurt me in the worst way. I don't know what I did. You might not even be aware of it. I think you are aware. You aren't dumb. You just may be hopelessly clueless.
I forgive you. You helped me when I was vulnerable. The only problem is that I still am. Except this time, it's your doing.
I miss you. Goodbye.

Sincerely,
Me
© Copyright 2006 V (vimaro22 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1081111-To-Him