*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1075993-fates-little-joke-part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by warren
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1075993
a continuation of the other parts of the story it is early inthe book
“I’m in no mood for games. What is it you want?!” Seth snapped.
“Just your cooperation on a matter.”
“And that is?” he rested a hand on the large blade nestled on his hip.
“Where is the child?”
“What in the name of hell are you talking about. I know not of what you speaking.”
“Do not lie to me!” the elf raised his voice slightly still maintaining the same posture.
“I have better things to do today then stand here and bitch at you over a child, be gone!”
“This is your last chance.”
“Or what?”
“You die”
“You are not the first to threaten my life. In fact you are not the first TODAY to threaten my life.” Seth barred his teeth.
Wind exploded around him and blew the cloak from his shoulders. The elf launched himself into the air in one quick hop. Immediately fire began to rain down in small spheres. Seth released the stored blade and swung it into a guard.
His larger sword transformed itself as it was drawn from its slumber. The simple looking hilt flared to life. The dull gray of the blade faded to a silvery white flame sprouting from the face of a demon. Its legs and the rest of the hilt formed the handle of the sword by its hands. Several of the small flaming spheres were engulfed in the blade and dissipated immediately, the other licked the ground with flame.
“Your life is forfiet now.” Seth said slashing towards the elf. Even though he was several yards away the silver flame sprouted out and a wave shot forth. That wave split the tree the elf stood on and exploded behind him, but the elf was no where to be seen. Seth spun and with instincts born in combat studied the area around him. He felt more so than saw the attack coming from behind him. Spinning he knocked the small knife away with hand. The elf was gone again just as Seth caught sight of him.
“If you don’t want to fight properly I won’t either.” Seth held his weapon up and closed his eyes. The sword growled and sprayed out light. The light grew blinding and filled the trees. He heard the Elf scream and heard a soft thud. Whipping the sword back to a guard he banished the light and saw his opponent to his left, clutching his eyes. Quickly Seth raised the weapon and slashed towards the Elf’s head. He reacted quicker than expected and the tip of the sword only caught him on the cheek. The skin from his ear to his chin was split open. Seth followed up the attack with a reverse slash back across the same path. The elf did not dodge so well this time and a new gash opened up in his chest. Blood sprayed out in a fine mist. Seth grit his teeth and stepped forward to stab his wounded opponent.
“You win this round human!” The fallen yelled and dropped something on the ground. The small crystal orb shattered as it hit the ground. Seth threw himself away from the explosion that followed. The blast threw him against a tree and he heard the bark give way shattering the rotted wood. Something inside him also cracked as his whole body went limp, laying in a daze a yard away from where he last stood. The ground around the explosion was blackened, but no trace of the Elf remained.
Seth lay there for a long while it seemed collecting himself and cataloging the many aches and pains that were slowly creeping up on him after the heat of battle left him. The sword, Soul Crusher, as it was named at its forging, remained in his hand, but it had returned to its docile state. He held the sword and looked it over. Such a simple looking weapon, he still found it hard to imagine that it could contain such a powerful magic. He turned it over in his hand before replacing it on his hip. This was the weapon he used to destroy the Dragon Queen and the pet dragons she kept.

© Copyright 2006 warren (maestermagus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1075993-fates-little-joke-part-3