*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074810-The-Adventure-at-the-Mountain-Camp
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1074810
Was it really an abominable snowman? Or something more chilling...
It was a beautiful Friday morning, a perfect day for a weekend adventure camp. Tim was happy because he was looking forward to go with his friends Richard, Kate, Niao and his teacher’s Mr. Johnny and Ms Clare. They were going to a blue mountain forest to go hiking, river rafting and climbing hills.

They waited till the snow melted. They went into the river. They swam. They got pushed away by the river. They tried their hardest to go back to the source. Finally they managed to do it. They were safe at last.

They went further up the mountain. They saw foot prints disappearing into a cave. They thought that maybe it was tiger’s footprints, or maybe lions. Tim thought it maybe spacemen or even an abominable snowman. The teachers ran away because they thought there was a scary animal in the cave. The children were curious to find out who it belonged to.

“Is it a tiger’s foot prints?” asked Niao. “No”, replied Tim. “It looks like an abominable snow man’s foot prints”. “There is no such thing as an abominable snow man”, said Richard. “Is it then a man out of space?” asked Tim. “I have never seen foot prints which are so large”. “No it is not because space men don’t come to the Earth”, said Richard. “Let’s find out!” said Kate. “No it is scary- suppose he comes and eats us?” said Niao. “We have to find out”, said Richard. They crept into the cave.

They saw a man made door. “What a weird thing”, said Niao. “This is not what I expected”, said Tim. They opened the door slowly.

They hid behind the door. They saw many black bears which looked sick. “What can we do?” asked Niao. “Let’s open the tubes”, said Kate. They opened the tubes that were attached to bottles collecting the spit of the bears directly from the bears’ stomachs. Suddenly the door opened and an attendant came in to change the bottle. They saw poachers doing horrible things.
Niao whispered, “My mom says that people use spit to make traditional Chinese medicines”.

They ran to the police station. They told the police that there were poachers killing bears. The police didn’t believe them. They showed them a photograph that they had clicked. The policeman believed them and caught the poachers.

They opened the door. Tim and his friends ran to the teachers. The teachers heard that Tim called the police to send the poachers to prison. He got a medal and lived happily ever after.
© Copyright 2006 birthdayboy (nikhilsen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1074810-The-Adventure-at-the-Mountain-Camp