*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070720-Stay-With-Me
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1070720
My little fantasy Ron/Hermione getting together story.
DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING! The characters are JKR's the songs are Rascal Flatts and Josh Gracin's. I just used them to make my fantasy to come true. (lol I got the idea for the story while listening to the radio.)

Chapter 1:
It was the summer after their sixth year and Ron had refused to leave Hermione's side. He had a horrible gut feeling that something bad was going to happen soon, he didn't want Hermione and her family to be unprotected. It was arranged that Ron stay with the Grangers until Bill and Fleur's wedding. Then Hermione would stay at the Burrow for a while before going back home one last time before school started.

Two cracks inside the living room announced their arrival at the Granger household. Mr. and Mrs. Granger walked in and greeted their daughter and her friend.

"Oh, darling, I missed you! How was school?" cried Mrs. Granger while embracing Hermione in a bear hug.

"It was wonderful" lied Hermione. "What's that I smell in the kitchen? Can I help you with dinner?"

"Hello Ronald! How's your Father?" said Mr. Ganger.

"Hi. He's fine, sir, thank you." Ron shook Mr. Granger's hand.

"Well, what do you say to helping me getting these trunks upstairs while the girls catch up in the kitchen?" asked Mr. Granger.

"I say lead the way" Ron replied.

"The couch down here isn't exactly the easiest thing to sleep on, so I put an extra cot in Hermione's room for you."

--------------------------------------------------

"Oh sweetie, it's nice to have you home again, even just for a short time" exclaimed Hermione's Mother.

"It's nice to be home" was all Hermione said.

"Before I forget, that girl Elaine down the street got you two tickets to she school's end of the year dance" Mrs. Granger looked at her daughter waiting for a reaction. "You and Ronald should go. It'd be so much fun. It's on Friday so you have time to go shopping for a new dress."

"Great! It does sound fun. I'll go tell the guys that supper is ready." Hermione ran up the stairs as fast as she could.

The dinner was fantastic and the small talk conversation was... well, interesting. Ron didn't mind going to the dance. On the contrary, he really wanted to go (especially since it was Hermione he was going with). The thing he didn't like was the fact that she was going shopping for a dress and he couldn't go with her. Everyone retired to bed once dinner was finished.

Ron was pouting, "I don't see why I can't go with you to the mall."

Hermione laughed at the scowl on his face. "Because, it's just not as much fun if you see my dress before the dance. Now go to sleep. You'll be having a big day tomorrow as well, going through all my Dad's old suites."

Ron looked at her nervously. "Why?"

Hermione rolled her eyes. "So you can burrow one for the dance of course."

Ron nodded his head before laying it on the pillow. "I was afraid of that."

"Ugh" was Hermione's response. She turned onto her stomach and turned on her radio that was on the floor. She slightly turned up the volume to see what station was playing. It was a country station. A song came on called "I Melt" by a group called Rascal Flatts. Ron listened to the lyrics intently.

"When you light those candles
Up there on that mantle, setting the mood
Well, I just lie there staring
Silently preparing to love on you
Well, I can feel the heat from across the room
Ain't it wild what a little flame can make you wanna do

I melt every time you look at me that way
It never fails, anytime, any place
This burn in me is the coolest thing I've ever felt
I melt

Don't know how you do it
I love the way I lose it, every time
What's even better
Is knowing that forever you're all mine
The closer you get, the more my body aches
One little stare from you is all it takes"

Ron was in awe. He felt that way about Hermione, sort of anyway. He had a passion for her burning in his heart. Every time he would look at her the fire would grow stronger. He couldn't hold in his true feelings much longer. He had to tell her. He shot straight up in his cot and looked over at Hermione, who was facing the wall. "'Mione, can we talk?" he put his hand on her shoulder.

"What now Ronald?" Hermione huffed.
Ron had difficulty finding his words. "Is this dance? are we going? are we a? is it a date?"

Hermione sighed. "Not if you don't want it to be."

Ron was taken aback by her tone. "But? er? I do want it to be. Do you not want it to be a date?"

Hermione was now sitting up and staring at Ron. "Well, yes, of course I do. But you do?"
"Well don't look so surprised Hermione" spat Ron.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I just never thought you would want to date me" apologized Hermione.

"Are you kidding? After all we've been through and you don't think I like you that way?" Ron said shocked.

"It's a difficult task trying to figure out all your mixed signals you know," argued Hermione.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry" answered Ron.

At this time another Rascal Flatts hit was on the radio. This song was called "Bless the Broken Road". They just sat there in silence listening to this song, intrigued by the title.

" I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you"

"Well isn't that interesting?" said Ron.

"What?" asked Hermione?

Ron smiled "Two songs from the same group that make me think of me and you and our situations."

"What 'I Melt' and 'Broken Road'?" Hermione giggled.

"Yup" replied Ron. "I'm really sorry about this year, and Lavender. It didn't exactly turn out as I had planned it at all."

Hermione got an evil grin on her face. Without warning her hit Ron on the side of his face and said "You should be!"

"What the bloody he..." he saw the grin on Hermione's face.

He reached over to his pillow and grabbed it. He then turned around to get Hermione back, but she was putting up a fight. She had one hand covering her face and head, while the other swung her pillow at Ron. Ron got hold of both her hands and proceeded to hit Hermione atop the head three times with his pillow. The way Ron towered over Hermione mad it seem like he was right on top of her, which became even more so when her accidentally kicked him in a not some pleasant spot and he leaned forward in pain.

"Oh, Ron, oh, I'm so terribly sorry! Are you o.k.?" Hermione had a very scared look on her face.

Ron just nodded his head and gave her a weak smile. He thought he deserved what he got. His hormones had started to go a bit haywire from the position he had be in over Hermione. Once he got over the pain, controlled the hormones and Hermione had let go from a hug she had given him Ron asked
"'Mione can I kiss you?"

Hermione blushed a sweet pink color. "I would like that very much. Besides it's the least I can do after kicking you."

Ron leaned over and kissed her. She was kissing back as well. They started to become more passionate. He wrapped his arms around her, one holding her neck, the other around her waist. She wrapped both of her hands around his neck, one of her fingers playing with his hair. They had to break apart to catch their breath and Ron started to move in again but Hermione stopped him.

"Ron, I think we need to get to sleep. I don't like being a grumpy shopper and I don't want you in a cross mood with my father." Hermione's face was serious but happy.

Ron was upset but knew he shouldn't be. "Right, sorry." He got his pillow and got into the cot.

After several minutes of silence Hermione whispered "Don't be."

"Huh?" Ron sleepily mumbled.

"Don't be sorry." With that Hermione drifted into a peaceful sleep she hadn't had in almost a year.

Chapter 2:
Hermione got up early the next morning like she always did. She slowly descended the stairs, thinking about what to make for breakfast. Once she got into the kitchen she began baking some eggs and bacon. Her thoughts turned to dress shops. Oh, there's that cute little bridal shop about three blocks down. Then there are the big clothing stores in the mall.

Upstairs the Grangers were talking... about Ron.

"I do not trust him!" bombed Mr. Granger's voice.

Mrs. Granger laughed "Why? Because he likes our daughter or perhaps because our daughter likes him?

Mr. Granger thought for a moment. "Both! I can't believe you let them sleep in the same room!"

"Well, I think he's a nice boy" said Mrs. Granger matter - of - factly. "What could they do? We hear everything that goes on in this house from this room. Plus, our Hermione's a good girl. Come on dear, I smell something good cooking in the kitchen, let's go get some breakfast."

---------------------------------------------------

"Morning 'Mione" yawned Ron.

"Oh, good morning Ronald! What are you doing up so early?" asked Hermione.

Ron scowled. "Well, when I woke up you weren't in bed. I thought you might be in the loo so I waited a few minutes. After waiting for ten minutes I was smelling something from the kitchen. I thought your Mum was cooking breakfast and would know where you were."

Hermione gave Ron a weak smile. "You weren't worried about me were you? Oh, honestly Ronald, I'm perfectly capable of handling things for myself. You do not need to stay by my side every second and fret about me constantly. What are you going to do with yourself when I go shopping today?"

Ron pondered for a moment. "I will sit on the couch and worry with your Father." He wrapped his arms around Hermione's waist and put his chin over her shoulder.

"Good morning kids!" called Mrs. Granger from the living room.

Ron jumped about a foot away from Hermione at the sound of the approaching adult.

"Morning Mum! Breakfast is almost ready." Hermione was trying not to laugh at Ron.

"Oh, dear, you didn't have to make breakfast." She could feel the 'tension' in the room. "So dear, have you thought of the stores you wanted to shop at?"

"Well, I wanted to make breakfast. Is Daddy up yet?" Hermione wanted to avert her mother's attention.

"He's right?," she turned around and, where her husband should be, saw nothing. "Well he was right behind me a moment ago."

"I am right behind you. I've just walked slower than you." Mr. Granger replied, coming off the stairs and over to his wife.

In reality Mr. Granger had been upstairs getting ready for breakfast, and to practice intimidating Ron at the table. Well, here goes nothing! I've got to see if he can stand the heat. I'll actually need to have a talk with him once the women are gone. "Well, what are we all standing around for let's eat breakfast."

--------------------------------------------------

Mrs. Granger was standing outside a dressing stall. "How does it look dear?"

Hermione looked herself over in the mirror. She then took off the dress and through it over the door. "Next please."

"That was the last one." Hermione's mother put the dress on a hanger and hung it on a near by rack. "Shall we move on to the next store then?"

"Let's go." Hermione looked very angry, having been to three stores, trying on almost twenty dresses and not finding one she liked.

They left the shop and went down two blocks to a small bridal shop.

"Oh, how about this cute little purple dress?" asked Mrs. Granger.

Hermione glared at the dress. Its color was lavender purple. "Absolutely not!"

"Why not?" questioned her Mother.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Mum, Ron and I are kind of dating now and his ex-girlfriend's name was Lavender Brown, therefore, I want nothing to do with that color."

"Dating? Since when?" said Mrs. Granger.

"We talked about it last night." Hermione was now smiling uncontrollably.

Mrs. Granger hugged Hermione right there in the middle of the store. "Well, we need to find you the perfect dress then. Something elegant, that looks amazing on you and won't clash with his hair."

"How about a blue or green dress?" Hermione started rummaging through a rack.

"Yes!" she started helping Hermione look through all the dresses. "Try this one on. Oh, get that one too."

Before long they had a hand full of blue and green dresses each. After 15 minutes of trying on dresses and dancing around in them. Hermione had narrowed her choice down to two dresses. "Mum, I need your opinion; I can't decide which one I like best."

"Alright let's see you twirl around a bit in them." Hermione spun around a few times in each dress before her mother finally spoke. "I think the dark blue will do nicely. How do you like it.?"

Hermione stood in front of the mirror contemplating if this would be the best choice for a dress. She smiled at herself. "I look good." She nodded her head. "I want this one. I can't wait to see Ron's reaction to this dress!"

Mrs. Granger laughed at her daughter. "I can't wait to see his reaction of you actually in the dress. You look gorgeous."

The dress was a floor length, dark midnight time blue. It was tight in the right places and flowing in all the right places.
Hermione hugged her mother. "Thanks Mum!"

"You are very welcome!" Mrs. Granger broke away from Hermione. "Now, about you and Ron?."

Hermione cut her off. "Mum, I love him. I always have and nothing will ever change that. And he loves me."

"O.k. if you are so sure, then you are probably right." Mrs. Granger chuckled. "Come to think of it, have you ever been wrong?"

Hermione was back in the changing room. Before long they were paying for the dress and on their way home.

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at the house the men were silently looking through suites. Mr. Granger was pulling out all the suites he had in Ron's size. Ron just sat in a chair thinking, in complete silence waiting for Mr. Granger so finish going through his old clothes.

"Well, I think those are all the ones I still have in your size." Mr. Granger pointed to the mound on his bed. "Once we pick out the suite and find out the color of Hermione's dress we can pick out a shirt and tie that will go with it."

"Right, well, any of the suites with a red tint won't do, they'll clash with my hair." He pulled five suites out of the pile and straightened them out to go back on their hangers.

"Of course." Mr. Granger handed Ron some hangers. "Grey won't be good for you either." He pulled three suites out of the pile. "What about black?"

"Black seems a bit too formal for a Muggle school dance." Ron was eying a dark brown suite that looked similar to Hermione's hair color.

"O.k. brown is the only color left." said Mr. Granger. "Any one in particular that you like just looking at it?"

"Yes, sir, this plain dark one here." Ron pointed to the one he had been looking at while daydreaming of Hermione's hair. "Can I go try it on?"

Mr. Granger nodded his head. Ron picked up the jacket and pants and left for the bathroom across the hall.

While Ron was changing Mr. Granger knocked on the door. "I need to talk to you Ronald."

"Sure thing sir, but do you mind if we talk while I change?" Ron was happy there was a door between the two of them.

"I need to know what your intentions are with my daughter." Mr. Granger was trying to keep himself composed.

Ron was now putting on the jacket, but stopped mid sleeve. He put his hand the rest of the way through before he answered. "Well, sir, Hermione is my best friend. So I intend to keep her my best friend. Not only is she my best friend, but now, I must tell you, she is my girlfriend. I love her. I love her with all my heart. I intend to keep her safe from any dangers and continue to love her for the rest of our lives."

This had not been what Hermione's father wanted to hear, because it did not give him a good reason to hate Ron.

Ron came out of the bathroom, in his own clothes again, to find Mr. Granger had retreated to the living room. "This suite is a perfect fit. Thank you for letting me borrow it."

"No problem. No problem at all." Mr. Granger was having a battle inside himself. Could he really trust Ronald Weasley with his only daughter? "Come on, let's watch some television and relax before the ladies come home." He needed to at least try and like Ron, for Hermione's sake, at the moment.

---------------------------------------------------

That night Ron and Hermione talked for a few hours before finally falling asleep.

"Hermione, you've got to swear to me that you will never leave me alone with your father again." Ron sounded somewhat serious, which scared Hermione.

"Why?" she asked.

Ron smiled at her. "I think he wanted to knock down the bathroom door and kill me!"

Hermione did not like this news. The both of them had seemed fine at dinner. "What did you do or say to make him want to kill you?" Her mood lightened some when she looked at Ron and playfully asked, "Did you tell him you snog me to death every chance you get?"

Ron laughed. "No, but I did tell him that I love you."

"Oh, Ron." Hermione jumped out of her bed and jumped into Ron's and snogged him until neither of them could breathe.

Nor Ron or Hermione wanted her to back to her own bed, so Hermione fell asleep, comfortably in Ron's warm embrace.

Chapter 3:
"Hermione, I'm sure you look fine! If we don't leave soon, we're going to be late. I thought you hated being late."

"Well, I want to look absolutely perfect" called Hermione from the bathroom.

Ron rolled his eyes and threw up his arms. "That's it then, we're never leaving the house."

Mr. Granger laughed at Ron. "You'll get used to it after a while." He had realized and come to terms with the fact that Ron and Hermione were meant for each other. "They aren't nearly done yet. Let's have a chat shall we?" He motioned for Ron to sit on the couch.

Ron looked slightly nervous, but did as he was told. He was not as scared of Mr. Granger now, as he was the day before. He waited for Mr. Granger to speak.

Mr. Granger took in a deep breath. "Well Ron, son, I just wanted to apologize for the way I've treated you. I was just afraid of losing my daughter to some bum."

Ron's spirit lifted and a looked up at Mr. Granger, smiling. "Erm, thank you sir."

Mr. Granger continued. "Well, it's obvious that you love each other, I know that I won't lose Hermione, and you are no bum."

"Hmm, hmm" Mrs. Granger cleared her throat. "She's ready."

Just then Hermione came out of the bathroom. She was nervous to see Ron reaction. She blushed when his jaw dropped.

Once Ron regained his ability to speak he complemented her. "Hermione you look ravishing! Shall we get going to the dance?"

---------------------------------------------------

"Please, come and dance!" pleaded Hermione. "It's one of our songs. Please?"

Ron looked scared. "'Mione I'm not a good dancer. I don't want to step on your toes or anything."

"You won't" said Hermione as she grabbed Ron's hand and started pulling him to the dance floor. "It'll be just like the Yule Ball except?"

Ron went red and interrupted Hermione. "Except you won't have 'Vicky' do waltz you around the room! Are you upset that he's not here now?"

"Ron, you always do this, why? Why? WHY?" Hermione was started yelling, trying not to cry. Hermione stormed off the dance floor and out into the hallway. Ron was close behind her.

"Hermione, wait! Where are you going? Will you slow down?" Now Ron had to run to keep up with Hermione.

Hermione turned on the spot, she was furious and she knew just how to get back at Ron. "WAIT? I'VE WAITED FOR YOU LONG ENOUGH RON! I WILL NOT SLOW DOWN, AND I AM GOING TO VICTOR'S HOUSE! HE WROTE ME EARLIER THIS SUMMER ASKING ME TO COME. I THINK I CAN REMEMBER WHAT THE HOUSE LOOKED LIKE FROM THE PICTURE HE SENT. I'M GOING THERE RIGHT NOW."

"NO YOU ARE NOT!" bellowed Ron. "I FORBID YOU TO GO!" He was gaining on Hermione.

"HOW DARE YOU! YOU HAVE NO SAY IN IT." Hermione had tears streaming down her face.

Without warning Ron grabbed Hermione and apparated to his room at the Burrow.

Ron was still holding tight to Hermione, be managed to bewitch his wireless to play that Muggle radio station he'd been listening to while with the Grangers.

"Oh, now you've kidnapped me!" screeched Hermione, as she realized she was no longer near the school. "Where are we?"

"We are at the Burrow in my room." Ron was close to tears. "Hermione? please. I'm sorry; I just... lost it back there."

"Lost it, you lost it?" Hermione was sobbing.

"Hermione, you just said you were going to go see Krum. You know how jealous I am of him already, and to hear my girlfriend say she was going to go see him." Ron's ears were turning beet red.

Hermione was now clinging to Ron and crying freely into his chest, but managed to get a few words out. "I... oh, Ron. I'm sorry. "

"Shhh. Shush. It's alright." Ron began to rub Hermione's back with one hand and caressed her hair with the other.

"I don't want to go see him. I want to stay here. I want to be with you." Hermione looked up into Ron's eyes.

"O.k. then, stay with me." Ron smiled down at her and kissed her forehead.

Then as if on cue a song came on. It was Brass bed by Josh Gracin.
"Baby, the clock on the wall is lying
It's not really that late
It's too cold outside to be walking around the streets of this town
Anywhere if you think you have to be can wait

Why don't you stay with me
Share all your secrets tonight
We can make believe the morning sun never will rise
Come and lay your head on this big brass bed
And we'll be alright as long as you stay with me, yeah

Baby, there is just no use in hiding
The way that I am feeling right now
With you standing there baby I swear I can't help but stare
Girl you're wearing me out, wearing me out
Baby, stay with me share all your secrets tonight
We can make believe the morning sun never will rise
Come and lay your head on this big brass bed
We'll be alright as long as you stay with me

Baby don't go it looks like it's starting to rain
And it's so warm here in this apartment wrapped up in this blanket
So stay

Stay with me
Share all your secrets tonight
We can make believe the morning sun never will rise
Come and lay your head on this big brass bed
And we'll be alright as long as you stay
I'll be alright as long as you stay with me, yeah

Stay with me"

"Well, it seems we've got a new song, love." Ron chuckled.

"What was that?" asked Hermione.

"That song. It's..." started Ron.

Hermione stopped him. "No, you called me love." She sniffled a bit trying to stop her tears.
"So, I did," said Ron. "What are you going to do about it?"

"What am I going to do?" questioned Hermione playfully. "Absolutely nothing!"

"Oh, Hermione, we need to tell Mum that we're here and we'll need to apparate back to your place, your parents are probably worried about us. We were supposed to be back from the dance ten minutes ago."

"Ron" began Hermione, "Can we just owl my parents? I don't feel like leaving the Burrow. At least not tonight. I'm tired and I don't want to go back just for the night. It's pointless."

"Alright. I'll go talk to Mum, you write a letter to your parents and send it with Pig." Ron climbed down the stairs and Hermione went to work on a letter.

---------------------------------------------------

"Where are they? They were supposed to be home fifteen minutes ago." Mr. Granger was pacing across the living room floor.

"Darling it takes time to walk here from the school."

"Honey, they are a witch and a wizard, they could just apparate home."

"Well, they could be walking slowly, enjoying the night sky."

There was a small tapping sound coming from the window.

"That's Ron's owl!" exclaimed Mrs. Granger.

Mr. Granger walked over to the window and opened it. Pig flew in and landed on Mrs. Granger's shoulder. Mrs. Granger untied the parchment from the owl's leg. "It's a note from Hermione."

"Let me see it." Mr. Granger grabbed the letter and read it aloud.

"Dear Mum and Dad,
I hope you aren't in too much of a fuss since Ron and I aren't home. We left the dance a few minutes early, but we aparated to the Burrow, since we would be here tomorrow anyway and we are both too exhausted to travel more tonight. We will come by tomorrow afternoon and get our things.
Love, Hermione"

"See dear, she's fine." I'll write her a note back saying we have appointments but if she wants to see us to come at 12:30." Mrs. Granger went to the desk table and began writing a note.

---------------------------------------------------

"Ronald how could you? I'm sure her parents are worried sick!" Mrs. Weasley was scolding Ron.

"I know Mum, I know. And Hermione is writing a letter to her parents right now." Ron reassured his mother.

"Hi Mrs. Weasley" came Hermione's voice. She was coming down the stairs.
Mrs. Weasley started to approach Hermione. "Hello, dear, come on give us a hug."

The two women embraced each other leaving Ron looking a bit confused at how suddenly his mother's mood swings occurred.

"So dear how was the dance?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

Hermione smiled at her. "Oh, it was simply wonderful!"

"Have you eaten in a while? Are you hungry? I can make you a sandwich before you go to bed. Oh no!" Mrs. Weasley was going on in one of her usual one sided conversations when she stopped.

"What is it Mum?" questioned Ron.

"All the rooms in the house are full except for yours Ron" sighed Mrs. Weasley. "Hermione you'll have to stay with Ron in his room.

Both Ron and Hermione started to snicker.

"What is it that's so funny?" inquired Mrs. Weasley.

"It's our little inside joke Mum, goodnight!" said Ron.

Hermione added her goodnight too "Goodnight Mrs. Weasley."

Ron led Hermione up the stairs to his room while humming their song. Once again, they fell asleep in the arms of the one they loved.


(please rate and review! this is my first complete story ever!)
© Copyright 2006 MrsRonWeasley (mrsronweasley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1070720-Stay-With-Me