*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069804-Are-You-Listening
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Death · #1069804
The last questions of a dying man. Not sure what category to put it in really.
Laying here, making peace with myself, I finally wonder. What is there? Once I go?

What is there?

Will I see the fabled light? Will my soul travel to the site of eternal damnation? Will the pearly gates stand before me? Will limbo be awaiting my time of internment?

What is there? What will I see?

Is there a new life for me? That of a fly, maybe a beetle, or perhaps something higher on the food chain such as a lion?

What is there?

My life is ebbing away, and still nothing – is that what awaits me? Nothing? An eternity in darkness? Or perhaps an eternity in stark white? No companionship?

What will I see?

Will I see the heavenly father? Come to accept me to his everlasting love? Will he accept one who has so long denied him? Is Lucifer waiting in the wings to abscond me to the pits of his fiery domain, forevermore part of his torture chamber?

What is there? Where will I go?

Will I follow the pure light towards my absolution? Will I return to the physical plane to relive my life? Or perhaps to start anew? Am I damned to replay my life until I get it right?

What is there? What will I see? Where will I go?

I’m slipping away now, I feel myself being gently pulled from my body, I am light and ethereal, I am spirit and soul.

What is there? What will I see? Where will I go?

What is there?..........
© Copyright 2006 Mythiqa (sunpyre at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1069804-Are-You-Listening