*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053865-The-Weird-Adventure
by sowe
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1053865
Five kids eat a funny food and are granted magical powers.
In a cave far away commotion is happening

"I wish we had an iceskating rink" said Robin.

"I wish we had a Mexican food buffet" said Apu.

"Well I wish I had a pair of boots to walk in" said Alastair.

Lillian' wish was for some percussion instruments to play. We don't have any of those objects" said Mirada! "We're lost! "How can that be?" Robin asked, just a few hours ago we were having a picnic with Madame Blatasky. Robin couldn't finish his sentence, because the cave began spinning.
When the cave stopped spinning, there, in front of them was an iceskating rink, a Mexican food buffet, a pair of snowboots and a set of percussion instruments. Robin jumped up, put on his iceskates and started figure skating! Apu stuffing his face with enchiladas, tacos and burritos. Alastair, put on his boots and started walking around in them. Lillian started playing the percussion instruments.
Mirada stood there thinking. She suddenly got an interesting thought. "What if everything we wished for came true" Mirada decided to give the thought a try. "I wish for a nice hot fire, five bowls, a cooking pot with a sharp knife, a loaf of bread, five pounds of beef with broth, a bag of frozen mixed vegetables, five pairs of mittens, boots, jackets and socks". As soon as she said those things, the cave began spinning once again. When the cave stopped spinning, there in front of them was everything Mirada wished for.
Mirada got up and walked calmly over to the fire. She got a pan and cut up the beef and put it in the pan, along with the beef broth. She then opened the bag of frozen vegetables and put them in the pot. Mirada put the pot on the fire. While the soup was cooking, she handed each one of her sibblings mittens, jackets, boots and socks. Mirada sat down and with her sibblings put the stuff on that she had wished for. When the soup was hot, Mirada scooped out the soup with her spoon and handed each of her sibblings a bowl for dinner.
While they were eating the soup, Lillian asked Mirada a question. "Mirada, it seems that you know more about whats happening than us, will you please explain". Mirada answered "It seems like everything we wish for, comes true. Remember when you guys wished for a skating rink, Mexican food buffet, persussion instruments and boots? It all came true didn't it? Somehow all our wishes come true, but when we leave a spot, nothing we previously wished for comes with us". Lillian said "Well why don't we all wish to go home then!" "Good idea" said Apu, "on the count of three lets all wish to go home. One, two, three, POOF! "Hey we made it"!

THE END
© Copyright 2006 sowe (pinkgiraffe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1053865-The-Weird-Adventure