*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049014-The-Savannahs-Last-Treasures
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Andrei
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #1049014
Is death always a natural part of life?







The savannah is calm today, it is hot and the animals are at peace. The rhinos roll around in the mud, keeping themselfs cool on such a hot day. They fear nothing, and lumber around, making the ground tremble. Even the antalopes fear nothing today, because the lions are laying on their backs under under the rare trees, sleeping away the afternoon. No natives are out today either, they are sitting in there huts telling stories about the outside world. Most of the elephants are on their way to the watering hole, to get a large drink before they sleep. But not all the elephants.



One of the elephants is laying on the ground, tuskless and dead, With large gun shots wounds covering it's bloody body. The buzzards will feast today, as will the poachers when they return with their bounty. One of the poachers sits on top of the hood of his Jeep, inspecting the very large rounds he is about to put into his rifle. He occasionally looks up and looks at the one of the last of the great rhinos, the one he is about to kill. Yes, the elephant is unlucky,and his eyes are filmed with death like his wife and daughter, but soon the vulture will feed on these to.





© Copyright 2005 Andrei (soylisto4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1049014-The-Savannahs-Last-Treasures