*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045366-Christmas-Shopping
by Teddy
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1045366
A short-short story about a woman who couldn't make up her mind.
Nestled in the folds of the velvet cloth apart from the cluster of diamonds was a rich colored, yellow stone at least two carats in size.

Bridget nudged the gem with the tip of her French-manicured nail so the stone’s facets captured the light. The salesman with his haughty eyebrows and bobbed haircut offered an ingratiating smile.

“Ahh, the lady has a good eye.”

“What is it?” Bridget asked.

“Tourmaline. From East Africa. Extremely rare both in color and size.”

Bridget switched her focus back to the diamonds but couldn’t keep her eyes off the beautiful yellow gem. Oh well, she sighed to herself. I hate to be greedy but what else can I do?

She whipped the gun out of her purse and pressed it directly into the middle of the man’s forehead then glanced at his nametag.

“You’re an excellent salesman, Jeffy. I’ll take them all.”
© Copyright 2005 Teddy (tessalcott at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1045366-Christmas-Shopping