*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1043146-My-Dog-Fang
Rated: E · Other · Animal · #1043146
I wrote this observation of my dog for language arts.
My Dog Fang



My dog Fang is half black Labrador and half Springer spaniel. His fur is mostly black, but it blends into a muddy brown color on his paws and above his eyes. His ears are almost like elephant ears. They’re large and flaccid and the fur on them is wavy, unlike his straight fur all over the rest of his body. His eyes are brown and watery. When one searches deep into his eyes, they can see an amazing intelligence and comprehension of the world for such a small creature. Fang’s nose feels like an ice cube because it’s always wet and cold. His pink tongue is always hanging out of his mouth, drooping over his sharp fangs like wet clothes on a clothes hanger. His paws are webbed almost like a ducks, but you can’t tell because of the tufts of fur sticking out all over them. His tail, a small stub that had been cut before we adopted him, wags back and forth when he is happy or excited.
I infer that Fang’s thick coat of fur is to protect him against harsh winter weather and his big ears are to give him acute hearing, especially when they’re perked up. Also, his tongue which is always hanging out helps him to cool down in the summer when he takes in cold air over his tongue. Fang’s paws are webbed to help him swim better because his species of dog loves water. His tail probably helps to keep him upright because many animals have tails for that reason.
Fang’s significance in the big picture of life, before he was adopted by us, was to keep the rabbit (and other small animals like that) populations down, but once he was adopted by us, he became part of the family.
© Copyright 2005 M. C. Bordeaux (michelled123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1043146-My-Dog-Fang