*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033517-Cloud-city
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1033517
This is a story i wote about a surrealist painting.
I stand there on the steps, the wind ruffling my hair. I stare up to the closed gates of the city that that towers above me. The clouds begin to grow black overhead as the storm gets closer. I watch the tiny figures cowering on the desert floor, hundreds of feet below me.

As I watch, the royal prossesion leaves, stepping off the clouds. The giant horse gallops ahead, eyes blazing, teeth barred. The kings carriage glows gold as it sails through the sands of time.

Down on the ground the silver angel flitters, trying to save the fearful people from the crushing spindly legs of the royal elephants. The pyramid to be delivered to the Egyptian pharaoh towers on the back of the proudest.

I can see them dissapearing into the distance, away from the storm that threatens me. I catch one last glimpse of the golden tomb that points to the stars, a humble gift from cloud city.
© Copyright 2005 Heather (noodles at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1033517-Cloud-city