*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026076-life-on-the-pillow
by rodja
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #1026076
this short story is about life lived on the pillow and how it effects the real world
life on the pillow

When we go to sleep we dream, sometimes we remember some of what we dream, sometimes we dont, Sam could remember everything that he dreamed and could even sometimes control them. Sam was an average looking 16 year old boy with brown hair and blue eyes, nothing special to look at, that is apart from his eyes, they had a sort of radiance about them that couldn't be explained he had never thought much about it, actually he thought it was quite cool, he knew nothing of it's purpose or what he could do with it.

It was friday morning and sam couldn't wait for the weekend to come. Sarah, sams 18 year old sister knocked on the bathroom door and said "hurry up sam, or im going to leave for school without you".
"ok, ok, im coming now" was Sams reply, he quickly finished brushing his teeth and was out the door in half a minute.

Sam just caught up to Sarah as she was going out the gate,
it took 30 minutes to walk to school and he didn't want to walk it alone,
he must have been day-dreaming because Sarah had to punch him in the arm to get his attention or he would of walked right past the school. Sam shook his head to clear his thoughts before entering the school.

before class sam found his mates jack and daniel involved in a heated discussion about which rambo movie was the greatest of all time, sam put in his vote for first blood having seen it the night before, lukily befor the dicussion got too out of hand the school bell rang and it was time for class

first up was maths which would have to be sams least favorite class of all, suddenly the teacher was tapping his desk asking him to aswer the question she had just asked, "dam" sam thought he must have been daydreaming again becauese he couldn't remember anything the teacher had been talking about all morning, "im... not sure miss", sam stammered his reply.

"well that's not good enough!", she snarled at him "mabey you will pay more attention when you get detention, ha ha get it?", "now get out of here mister!".

sam was angry as he left class to go to the detention room, what a start to the weekend, it wasn't his fault if he couldn't stop daydreaming during class, it just seamed to sneak up on him and he would go off into his own dream world. he didn't mind it that much in fact, he quite enjoyd living in his own fantsy world now and then but he just wished that he could control it so he wouldn't get into so much trouble over it.

the clock at the front of the detention room finally struck 5:30 and to sams relief they where allowed to go home, he was ment to meet his friend chester at 5 o'clock and didn't get a chancd to tell him that he would be late because of detention, so he went to chesters house, but his mum said that he had already gone out, "damm" sam thought "what a start to the weekend".

*this is a work in progress*





© Copyright 2005 rodja (rodja at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1026076-life-on-the-pillow